c

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

finfayce

Fish Addict
Reaction score
i have a big(4-5” including tail)
goldfish. i plan on putting it in a 20 gallon tank - not near my plant gro lights. i think the algaes (green, brown a liitle black spot) are growing fast because too much light from plant light.
can i put one of my bristlenose plecos in with goldfish?
or do you think moving the tank will be enough to get rid of algae?

Never buy a fish to resolve a "problem" such as algae (or snails) unless the fish will manage in the specific tank and be provided with what it needs/expects. If algae is a problem, resolve the cause. Reducing the light (intensity, or duration may help) is the answer. A 5-inch goldfish is more than sufficient for a 20g long tank. And a Bristlenose will not do much with respect to "problem" algae, depending what it is.

Never buy a fish to resolve a "problem" such as algae (or snails) unless the fish will manage in the specific tank and be provided with what it needs/expects. If algae is a problem, resolve the cause. Reducing the light (intensity, or duration may help) is the answer. A 5-inch goldfish is more than sufficient for a 20g long tank. And a Bristlenose will not do much with respect to "problem" algae, depending what it is.
thank you

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back