Bye Bye 5 x 60, hello 200

• Thread starter Deleted member 149562
  • Start date
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
D

Deleted member 149562

So I have finally found a supplier of large aquariums that doesn't dump them on a curb.

This is the wee beastie that I now have....its like having an indoor swimming pool in my tiny lounge.....

The aquarium is 100cm long x 40cm wide x 50cm tall. The company delivers to the room of choice, which is brilliant. Everything arrived Sunday morning.

I have replaced the substrate but transferred all hardscape from three of the 60 litre aquariums along with two heaters and a filter. Filling up was done 50% water from the old aquariums mixed with 50% fresh bottled water...effectively a normal water change.

I fitted an Interpet blue LED bubble curtain into the back for extra aeration and will be upgrading the filter from an Aquael Turbo 1000 to a 2000 with a spraybar kit from Germany on order. The heaters will be replaced with an Eheim 200w preset since the old heaters are struggling to maintain the temperature.

I shall be using my usual silicone planting, its all on order to arrive on Friday this week. Once that is done I shall introduce the residents of the remaining two aquariums this weekend.

Photos of the naked and slightly murky aquarium....

IMG-20220125-132950-resized-20220125-013017452.jpg

272316984-4720160694737081-8326941380021869764-n.jpg

I totally recommend the company who supplied the aquarium, stand etc, absolutely awesome customer service and care and for £289.95 for the lot, I am not going to grumble about anything.

I shall update once everything is completed at the weekend :)

I bet it feels strange, one big tank instead of lots of small ones :)
Definitely does. The fish have gone nuts at all the extra space. The aquarium should be much easier to maintain than the 5 small ones, which was one of the main reasons for getting one.

Well all fish transfers completed successfully, no losses or issues thusfar.

Fitted the Aquael Turbo 2000 with a double can setup....bottom can has old/used noodles and a Clearmax and the top can has a Purigen sachet and floss. Also fitted the Eheim preset 200w heater and GKM 24w.

Looking a little murky due to the faffing about fitting everything but that will soon settle down.

I have decided that I don't have fish......I have stark raving lunatics with fins ;)

Sat watching a BN pretend to be a Danio and shoaling with them up and down and around the aquarium...she swims remarkably fast for a BN and is giving them a run for their money....lunatics, the lot of them :D

Only one item still to be sorted and that is a replacement light. The one that came with the new aquarium is way too in your face bright....I don't like it and the fish don't either. So all being well later today a new light will be delivered, identical to the ones used in the old aquariums but instead of being 20cm long it is 78cm long, fully remote controlled and, importantly, dimmable.

IMG_20220129_072055_resized_20220129_072119874.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Fitted the new light and dropped intensity a little.

Within minutes of doing that the Cories decided to christen the new aquarium with a load of eggs......closely followed by my lunatic BN and the Rams who promptly scoffed the lot

So I guess everyone approves of their new home....had no complaints or escapes (had the hood off alot this morning whilst sorting stuff out and left the aquarium unattended for quite a while and no-one packed their bags and jumped ship)

One extra thing I shall get next week is a pair of condensation trays. This type of aquarium is without a frame top or bottom and the hood slips onto/off the aquarium with cut-outs at the back for cables etc. This means I have to be careful and to let the excess condensation run off into the aquarium before removing the hood completely. A couple of condensation trays on the braces will stop that cheaply and hassle free.

The spraybar is in transit from Germany and arrives next week somewhen so that will also help spread the surface movement better too.

For anyone wondering, Diversa who manufacture these aquariums & stands are a part of Aquael of Poland. Very good quality kit, nicely put together.

The GKM and filter have finally managed to get the water nice and clear, the fish are busy exploring.....Cories doing their usual egg splatting :)

Quite pleased with progress, the spraybar kit is due for delivery later this week from Germany.

IMG_20220131_101322_resized_20220131_101607973.jpg

The aquarium boss.......Apisto who hates being photographed, has to be caught by the camera from a great distance or the little so'n'so runs and hides

IMG_20220201_090322_resized_20220201_090416332.jpg

Today been a little busy with the hooligans....truly they are spoilt rotten

Serviced the filter, changed the water, fitted the condensation screens (so hopefully will not get a shower everytime I take the hood off)....and gone "live" with some nice chunky water lettuce plants (which should please the aquatic purists a little bit :p )

The fish are all happy still, everything running to perfection, no illness or losses 👍

IMG_20220205_133120_resized_20220205_013147730.jpg

What are the condensation screens/ where did you get them? I don't have a lid for my tank now as I have a hob and wondering wether I should get something to cover the majority of it.

What are the condensation screens/ where did you get them? I don't have a lid for my tank now as I have a hob and wondering wether I should get something to cover the majority of it.
I bought 5 of the 18" x 12" from here....

Thanks just what I am after! Tank looks good! 👍
The screens are quite thin plastic, so very easy to trim around cables, hoses etc....

Thank you for the complement on the aquarium, its the first big one I have owned, its alot of fun...for the fish and for me :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back