Buzzard

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Cayote

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
You probably wont want to read this its a whining session

I ve been ill for 2 weeks so i left my red-tailed buzzard ( Alfie ) with the owl center for birdsitting while i get better and then im going winter hunting / flying with him. All year hes been ready and here the season is.

Except : He is supposed to weigh 1lb 15 1/2 oz

Oh No : He now weighs 2lb 6 1/4 oz

Doesnt seem much 6 3/4 oz but :

It takes with Alfie 1 week to loose 1 oz on a damb good week

1/2 oz on a bad week, which means :

7 to 14 weeks he will be over weight and unflyable...........

7 Bloody weeks............well glad to know that all that training was worth it, now i have to wait till next year. All because some daft P$!%k to over feed him and put a stopper on everything.

And these are my mates i bloody work with !

Bit disheartened, muttering on, and sick.........

.............oh well winge over guess time to cry in corner

Think of what might have been......maybe next year ! :thumbs:

ooooo dear one fat buzzard, :blink: passes cayote a tissue dry your eyes
and come out of that corner lol :lol: i can see you must be realy hacked off,
not very good mates, -_-

Sorry to hear about your problems... rabbits being a national pest though can you not hunt them all year round, thats what I understood anyway?

*edit* you mean after the newyear right? aah ok I understand ;) at least the's 6 1/2 ounces overweight then 6 1/2ounces underweight or dead :)

This is true nearly lost a kestrel this year cos "mates" kept forgetting the poor bugger because he had been moved. Still i have a goshawk to fly and harris`s well 1 of them the other is all bust up after taking on too much one day but she might be alright next year.

I don`t think aflie is too bothered went up this morning to see him ( able to get out a bit now ) And yes he`s fat but he`s happy so he`ll keep.

Looks under the weather though, because im not there everyday with him so it cheered him up when i appeared.

He wouldn`t stop screaming in excitement, oh you got to love him :D

Sort of cheered myself up a bit spending a bit of time with him, lol they can`t pick him up in center he goes nuts, he`ll only let my ( smug grin )
they`l have there work cut out for them for next two weeks lol

William : yes they are mainly nocturnal, but they can be caught all year round with varied sucess but traditional hunting for buzards is winter with better results

Ill be out in 2 weeks hunting " pyscho " ( male harris )so all is not lost

ahhhh your so lucky having all these wonderful animals :rolleyes: :rolleyes: glad to hear your up and about now cayote :thumbs:

I suppose im lucky but i prefer to think mad is closer. Im feeling much better thanks slt. ah ha my brother is coming round later with his digicam so piccys coming soon yippy sick of talking about my tank but no one knows what im on about, when the pics are ready that will solve lots of problems + shrimpies will be on as well i love em the best tropical addition ive made in all my tanks

ahhhh shrimpies, great oooo lots of pics of them :rolleyes:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back