Butterfly koi is bloated

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ladydee

Reaction score
Has any one seen this before, I use to have my koi's In a 55 gal tank and I recently upgraded to a 150 gal tank bc they were getting to big for the tank and now my biggest one which is 12in long is bloated. Does anyone know what can it be?
20200702_232821.jpg

How long did it take to get fat?
Is it still eating?
What does its poop look like?

It the fish stopped eating and swelled up overnight, then it probably has an internal bacterial infection and the fish usually die within a couple of days. Anti-biotics sometimes help but normally there is too much organ damage and medications don't help.

How long did it take to get fat?
Is it still eating?
What does its poop look like?

It the fish stopped eating and swelled up overnight, then it probably has an internal bacterial infection and the fish usually die within a couple of days. Anti-biotics sometimes help but normally there is too much organ damage and medications don't help.
It's been maybe 2 or 3 month but I thought it could be that she was in a small tank and maybe was causing some internal issues so I now have her in a bigger tank. Haven't really notice her poop being that I have 2 other koi's in there with her but she seems to be eating well. I feed them regular store koi food every 3 days should I be doing something else?

If the fish is eating well and the growth got bigger over several months, it is either eggs or a tumour. There's no cure for a tumour.

If it's eggs, she should spawn in spring when the weather warms up.

If the fish is eating well and the growth got bigger over several months, it is either eggs or a tumour. There's no cure for a tumour.

If it's eggs, she should spawn in spring when the weather warms up.
I was worried it would be a tumor thank you so much

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back