Bushcraft

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

smurfyy_2k3

it's a shame stupidity isn't painfull
Reaction score
as the title says: "do any of you do bushcraft" just curious i love it and ive only been doing it 2 month

A I said I would love to get some actual tutoring into the hobby as it is something you can't learn from a book. How did you get into the hobby and where are you learning the skills?

I am seriously thinking of going on a course which should be easier in a weeks time when I am 16.

i learn from bushcraftliving.com and then practice in the backgarden im 16 too and its still hard to get into a course also for great tips watch ray mears on uktv docs and if you have any questions askme i dont mind (and if your going camping i suggest learning how to make fire first - great for those cold nights)

You do any outdoor clubs.? For instance I am an Explorer scout which is great fun (he says after a weekend of being covered in dirt and trailing through rivers) but is a good way to pick up basic skills. However I have to say that the impression most people have of scouts are dorks and geeks and to be honest from experiance I have to agree. However, you should meet our group which is completely the opposite.

Apart from that I struggle like you to find a course and then you have to pay out over £100 in most cases. So you need to have cash before you start.

I plan to have a go at our new scout leader about it next time we meet - And she is completely different from our old one so fingers crossed.

na i dont do scouts or anything i mainly go camping (usually on my own) and practice the things i learn in the backgarden

Well one good thing about my scout group is a good supply of tents and if I ever need to use one al I have to do is ask. We just got some brilliant vango 800s for our trip to Switzerland and they are some nice tents.

Also we go bivvying (spelling) and stuff like that which involves a good bit of bushcraft. I think though that our group is kind of one of the good ones you get a lot of bad groups out there.

I also live in the country so there is lots of chances to be outdoors. Still plan to talk to my leader about it tonight though - whats the chnces she tells me to F off. :/

I also live in the country so there is lots of chances to be outdoors. Still plan to talk to my leader about it tonight though - whats the chnces she tells me to F off. :/
i live on the coast so i go down there quite alot (spearfishing and this as such great fun) and i think those chances are quite high :lol:

Having lived near the bush since I was born, I have grown up knowing alot of stuff from camping, etc. We used to spend alot of time by ourselves out in the bush growing up, camping, fishing, etc so learnt pretty quickly how to live the good life out there.

Oh, and to those using tents, that's no way to enjoy the outdoors, all you need is a sleeping bag to keep warm and the open sky above. You are out there to enjoy the scenery so why spoil it by taking a roof? Besides, most of the dangerous critters are all over here so there is no excuse really :lol:

a tarp is really great way to enjoy camping

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back