Bursting With News....

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I'm terrible with names, but congratulations! Since i'm in Victoria, i can't come up and visit (Unless i go up to QLD for a holiday this summer ;)) but keep us updated on the online store :) I've been looking for a decent website to buys supplies from for a little while.

All the best with it.

=)

I would stick to the old name personally. Or only switch the Aquarium bit around so its Amazing Aquarium and Pets

The public are typically stupid. You dont want to lose old business because they are "confused". Especially since you also want to move the business (another sitution where you are likely to lose business for a little while).

Unless of course you are only buying the equipment and supplies of the shop and not buying the "business" (for a much higher price).

i think i have seen wet ' n dry pewt suplies somewhere
how about how about sorry got nothing

It rhymes :)

How about something like "Aqua-estrial pet supplies" - Aquatic/Terrestrial. Also gives you your "A" to get you high in the Yellow Pages listings ;)

I suspect it might sound a bit alien though :lol:

awww congrats and good luck

i liked the 'one fish two fish' suggestion. that'd get my attention, who doesn't love Dr Suess!?

"1 fish, 2 fish, Cat food, Dog food" - Covers all the bases ;)

Best of luck with your new venture though :) Fingers crossed it will be a great success! You just need to go around all the local pet stores now and see what they are lacking, and cator for it :)

lol in my own way, i went to reply to everyones response but theres too many lol

thanks to everyone ALL of the names are really good but i really like aquaria hysteria too :)

jake and chris - the shop is 600 sherwood road in sherwood. its on the corner of oxley and sherwood roads. well not quite the corner but back a bit across from the primary school. now i know who you are you better come to my shop hehehehe j/k and p.s. jake, the shop is already open :)

alyson - yes i am buying the whole business not just the stock but i am kinda working it as a new business. they way i figure it, ive been working at the shop for a while and 95% of my customers know the shop and me and are happy to come to my house when that happens. for some of them its closer to come to the house. but everyone knows the store and anyone new coming along isnt going to know any different lol plus i have to have this business name forever and its current name really doesnt sit well with me hehe

well i did successfully put off yellow pages but then i found out it was 13th of july not june hehehe im toying with lots of the names you guys have given me. thank you again for all your input so far. its given me a lot more to start with than i had :)

"1 fish, 2 fish, Cat food, Dog food" - Covers all the bases ;)

Best of luck with your new venture though :) Fingers crossed it will be a great success! You just need to go around all the local pet stores now and see what they are lacking, and cator for it :)

already done :D got on top of that when i first started there fortunately :) i hope it goes well. it has only been open for a year and all things considered it did very well in its first year without anyone working hard on it. with me and my hubby working our butts off, it will be even better :)

I'm terrible with names, but congratulations! Since i'm in Victoria, i can't come up and visit (Unless i go up to QLD for a holiday this summer ;)) but keep us updated on the online store :) I've been looking for a decent website to buys supplies from for a little while.

All the best with it.

=)

well my hope is that in the next month or two the website will be running with all our products that anyone can order :) just let me know if there is anything you need and most stuff i can get :)

Nice work there Fishlette. I'm Eight Mile Plains so I may come in and visit you if everything goes well..

How versed are you in keeping a small business?? I;m currently doing a degree in Business Management at Griffith (final year) and have done manya subject on SBM (and have worked in many). If you need a hand in the whole thing please don't hesitate to ask.

AQUARIA HYSTERIA... here it comes!

Nice work there Fishlette. I'm Eight Mile Plains so I may come in and visit you if everything goes well..

How versed are you in keeping a small business?? I;m currently doing a degree in Business Management at Griffith (final year) and have done manya subject on SBM (and have worked in many). If you need a hand in the whole thing please don't hesitate to ask.

AQUARIA HYSTERIA... here it comes!

ah ok i used to live at the caravan park on the corner of holmead road there. i think its called brisbane holiday park or something now. i live in holland park now though.

ive never owned my own business but i have run many before and like to think ive picked up enough along the way to see me through :) just glad i got someone to do my books cause im pretty tax dumb lol

i am quite liking aquaria hysteria...but i also like some other names *sighs* im sure i will get one sooner or later lol

Nope.. there is a suburb called Sherwood.. I't kinda near Rocklea. Have you ever heard of the Rocklea Markets?

Look up www.whereis.com.au you'll find it.

yeah. its actually the same road as the markets its just turns into sherwood road when you hit sherwood. before that i think its muriel ave ???

Hey.... I really thought I'd be able to come up with something catchy here... hahaha

well... this is all I have for now...

Emily's (or Em's , or family name, or no name... your call) make it personal if you wish

thus..

"Emily's Pet Paradise"

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back