Bumblebee gobys and Rams together ??

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

AlastairS

Reaction score
Hey, just recently got a new 60l tank for my flat in London and also have a 25l that Iā€™ve had set up for about 3 years.
For the 60l tank Iā€™ve just bought golden ram pair and kuhli loaches and 4 tetras.
And for the other tank Iā€™ve set up a species only tank for the 4 bumblebee gobys.
I wondered if it would work if I put the gobys into the 60l with the rams and tetras?? Do you think rams and gobys would have aggression towards each other ??
I could leave them separate but I just thought it might be a good community tank if they got on and they would help to fill it out a bit more as the 60l seems a little empty.
What are you thoughts on these two fish together?? Anyone done this before ??
For reference the 60l is very planted with drift wood and caves, so plenty of hiding space

Bumble bee gobies do their best in a single species tank. They also come from different water than the rams.

Rams come from soft water with a pH below 7.0 and a GH below 100ppm.

Bumblebee gobies do best in hard water with a pH above 7.0 and a GH above 200ppm, and a bit of salt. There might be variations that come from softer water but I would be careful buying any from a pet shop that says they come from soft acid water.

The other issue is the rams and gobies both hang around the bottom of the tank and there will be territorial issues if the rams or gobies breed.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back