Bully Fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Hi There, I sent you a email regarding the Mollies and I hope you found it helpful. Good news for me, our local Aquatics shop were we purchase the majority of our fish from has agreed to take the tetra back, THE FISH WILL EAT LIKE KINGS :) :)
Yay! I am so glad! I haven't received a message just yet but I am glad that you have found a solution! Glad we all could help.

I am having a similar issue with my mollies. One male is incredibly aggressive towards one of the females. I don't have a huge tank but spoke with some people and they said that they should be fine in a six gallon tank. Usually, one fish per gallon works. But I am taking my aggressive fish back to the pet store and either switching him for a female of choosing a different male and getting another female. I could use some help with that decision as well lol. But I would recommend for you to take the aggressive fish back to the pet store and if you can't, just get two or three more female. Hope this helps and I would love some advice with my decision as well! Have an awesome day!
Hi, below is a copy of the message I sent earlier.

Hi
I am not a expert but i don't know how many males you have or how many females, we had the opposite effect, we had 2 males and one died which left one male and two females, the male went very depressed he just stayed at the back of the tank and I thought we were going to loose him (He's called Colin) - however we got another male and 3 more females and they are all so happy together and we even have a pregnant one. These Mollies aren't in the same tank as the tetras we have 2 tanks, we even tried moving the tetra in the other tank but he was just the same. We are going to try and give our tetra back to the pet shop if he will take it and I would either increase your mollies if you have the capacity (no guarantees though it will work) or like you said take him back because if your not happy and your fish aren't happy then it spoils the effect that aquariums are supposed to have on you. We got our aquariums to love them and enjoy watching them but we are now are at our wits end with this Tetra. He even takes over at feeding time
:-( Please let me know how you get on.

Hi, below is a copy of the message I sent earlier.

Hi
I am not a expert but i don't know how many males you have or how many females, we had the opposite effect, we had 2 males and one died which left one male and two females, the male went very depressed he just stayed at the back of the tank and I thought we were going to loose him (He's called Colin) - however we got another male and 3 more females and they are all so happy together and we even have a pregnant one. These Mollies aren't in the same tank as the tetras we have 2 tanks, we even tried moving the tetra in the other tank but he was just the same. We are going to try and give our tetra back to the pet shop if he will take it and I would either increase your mollies if you have the capacity (no guarantees though it will work) or like you said take him back because if your not happy and your fish aren't happy then it spoils the effect that aquariums are supposed to have on you. We got our aquariums to love them and enjoy watching them but we are now are at our wits end with this Tetra. He even takes over at feeding time
:-( Please let me know how you get on.
Oh I see! Yes, I am planning on taking the aggressive male back to the pet store. I have five mollies, three girlies and two dudes. I am thinking about either getting a female in replace of the male or getting a new male and then another female.

Oh I see! Yes, I am planning on taking the aggressive male back to the pet store. I have five mollies, three girlies and two dudes. I am thinking about either getting a female in replace of the male or getting a new male and then another female.
Hi i personally would get a male and female then the more females really the better then just 1 shouldn't be harrassed. Good luck xx

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back