Bulgaria

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jaylam

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Currently in Bulgaria for work and ahead of schedule so looks like we might have a day or two to do what we want.

Anyone ever been or know anything decent to go see? Im happy to stay in the hotel and drink the contents of the bar on the firm but wouldnt mind going to see something whilst im here.

Western Bulgaria, Alexander Nevski Cathedral, Saint Sofia Church, Rila Monastery, National Theatre Ivan Vazov, Vitosha Mountain, City Center Sofia, National Ethnographic Museum, Bojana Church, Kopren EcoTrail, Museum of Earth and Men, Bulgarian National Gallery of Arts, Sofia Zoological Garden...

Sofia boasts of having a delicate blend of Communist and European-style architecture..

where are you?

Western Bulgaria, Alexander Nevski Cathedral, Saint Sofia Church, Rila Monastery, National Theatre Ivan Vazov, Vitosha Mountain, City Center Sofia, National Ethnographic Museum, Bojana Church, Kopren EcoTrail, Museum of Earth and Men, Bulgarian National Gallery of Arts, Sofia Zoological Garden...

Sofia boasts of having a delicate blend of Communist and European-style architecture..

where are you?

That gives me a few to look up thanks, im in Sofia.

This might also be of intrest
http://www.tschinar.net/rent-a-car-Under_UNESCO_protection-93-en.html

Thanks, I have a wicked view of the mountains from my hotel window and have asked if we could venture up there to which triggered a laugh and something said in Bulgarian....prob something along the lines of "Stupid English man wants to climb the mountains" ha ha

Unless you have a fewmonths to kill you'll never get through all the tourist things. I think the best thing you could do is go for a walk talk to people (those who speak English at least). Learn about the place and the culture, and come back a more learned man.

i have some pictures of my trip recently if you want to see some...

what part of the country are you? i visited plovdiv and pormorie

Thanks for all the replies, am back in the UK now.

Things didnt go exactly to plan so we only ended up with a couple of hours one evening to see things :( which of course meant most things were closed....

Nevermind I may have to re attend shortly so will make sure I stay an extra day to allow time to see a few sites.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back