Bulb plant update

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

FroFro

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Someone in my last post commented about wanting to know about these, but a while ago I bought the variety packs of aquatic bulb plants from petco and let them sit in water to sprout. This is my yield with dead/mushy bulbs on the top and sprouted/starting to sprout bulbs on the bottom. Thankfully petco let’s you return packs with duds.

13821A4B-FD8C-4F2B-B9E9-16A409ECC336.jpeg
p.s. bad water Lilly bulbs smell like the devils rearend

Someone in my last post commented about wanting to know about these, but a while ago I bought the variety packs of aquatic bulb plants from petco and let them sit in water to sprout. This is my yield with dead/mushy bulbs on the top and sprouted/starting to sprout bulbs on the bottom. Thankfully petco let’s you return packs with duds.

View attachment 139867p.s. bad water Lilly bulbs smell like the devils rearend
oof,
thats a lot of dead ones...
LOL

Apongeton, water onion, and water Lilly
i think its better to order those bulbs online exept if you know when they come in...
i think some bulbs at my lfs have been sitting there for like a year!!!
and the online ones are probably fresh lol.
someone ordered them online, ,they were duds but the company gave them a big bag full of bulbs~

i think its better to order those bulbs online exept if you know when they come in...
i think some bulbs at my lfs have been sitting there for like a year!!!
and the online ones are probably fresh lol.
someone ordered them online, ,they were duds but the company gave them a big bag full of bulbs~
Any chance you recall the website? I really want a planted tank but I’m being extra careful to avoid snails and other hitchhikers.

Interesting, I have never heard of water onion. Water lilies are usually like a rhizome, same with aponegeton.

Any chance you recall the website? I really want a planted tank but I’m being extra careful to avoid snails and other hitchhikers.
not a website, but any website that sells it probably dosent stock it for tooo long.
you can bleach plants
and buy plants from the sterile plastic containers....
though not garuanteed to survive

Dis you provide any substrate ?
What kind of aquatic bulb plants (waterlilly apart) ?

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Back