Building Myself A Pc

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Specification

Computer Case Black ATX Tower Case
CPU Intel Core i5 2500 (4 x 3.3GHz) 6MB
CPU Heatsink Corsair Cooling A70
Memory Corsair 8GB XMS3 PC3-12800 1600MHz (2x4GB) - Lifetime Warranty (DDR3)
Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD 6950 - 2 GB - (XFX) (PCI-E)
Motherboard Asus Sabertooth (Intel P67) - B3
Sound Card Motherboard Integrated HD Sound
Networking Motherboard Integrated Ethernet Lan (Broadband Ready)
Power Supply Corsair 850W (CMPSU-850TX)
Case Wiring Professional Cable Standard
Hard Drive #1 1 TB (1000 GB) SATA-II HDD UDMA 300 7200 32MB
Hard Drive #2 1 TB (1000 GB) SATA-II HDD UDMA 300 7200 32MB
Optical Drive #1 Samsung (SH-D162D) 16x DVD-ROM - Black (SATA)
Operating System #1 Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64 BIT (Genuine DVD & COA Included)
Backup Software Windows Backup
Monitor #1 24" Widescreen TFT - Black - 2 MS
Monitor #2 24" Widescreen TFT - Black - 2 MS
Speakers Standard Black Speakers
Free Gift FREE - 6 Port Surge Protection

Is what I plan on getting at the moment, just got to research HDD's and Motherboards.

You'll want a SSD with that sort of gear.

I've been told hundreds of times that SSD's just aren't worth the money at this point in time, and I should invest in better hard drives instead.

They are so worth the time, look into a OCZ Aglity 3 60GB. It's £100, and big enough for your favourite programs/games and the OS, and trust me, it makes a huge difference, everything is just so much more responsive. Have to say Ace, all your advice sounds like stuff I'd hear 3-4 years ago. Catch up bro.

You'll want a SSD with that sort of gear.

I've been told hundreds of times that SSD's just aren't worth the money at this point in time, and I should invest in better hard drives instead.

They are so worth the time, look into a OCZ Aglity 3 60GB. It's £100, and big enough for your favourite programs/games and the OS, and trust me, it makes a huge difference, everything is just so much more responsive. Have to say Ace, all your advice sounds like stuff I'd hear 3-4 years ago. Catch up bro.

I have OCZ Vertex 2s in Raid 0 (2 60xgb)

For the price the Vertex 3s are so worth it.

If you're buying an expensive motherboard you may as well utilise the premium you are paying for, Don't know what sort of forums you're on to read that go for the most expensive motherboard you can afford but don't pay for an SSD.

*sigh* i give up... i'll just buy one... its easier

haha I built my own and only cost me 200 quid.

Building a new PC right now. I i5 2500k CPU, z68 motherboard, my first SSD, a crucial M4. Just waiting on it all to post here

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back