emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
My Betta imbellis is building a nest...
IMG_5747.JPG
IMG_5748.JPG
IMG_5746.JPG

Isn't this about the coolest behavior of any animal on earth, I love these guys. When they do this, it is so clever and romantic really.

You looking to breed him?
Not specifically. But I've kept and bred bettas for 15 years. But I got rid of them years ago. But I got 6 wild bettas from Kees de Jong as being young fish. He's just like me a dutch author of livebearer articles. Now, these fish are adults. And there was just one male in this group of 6. Now he's building a bubble nest.

Is your air above the tank fairly humid ? I live in a dry climate and I always floated a square piece of wax paper and they would build the nest under that.
Yes, it's humid.

And yes, today the eggs have started to hatch...
IMG_5798a.jpg
IMG_5797a.jpg

You just see them bouncing up and down to stay in the bubble nest. The father is protecting the nest.

Congrats! I hope the fry continue to do well 🥰 Where did you get him from? He doesn’t quite look like an imbellis to me from that photo.
He's an imbellis. I had 6 of them as very young specimens. It turned out that it was just one male and five females. I got them as a gift from another known breeder.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back