Buffet Kiddy Style

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

pieman

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hey, i'm doin the food at my grandads party, and there are gonna be alot of young kids so besides the usual finger foods i was thinking of two main deserts and one main meal bit, i'm thinking about chocolate rice crispy squares but I want a marshmellow bond kinda like the bars they do and I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for this, and also any desert suggestions and the main meal bit.

I don't know if you can use it as a bond but you can buy marshmallow in a jar. It is usually with the chocolate spread.

Cripsy/cornflake cakes will go down well. Or fairy cakes. Although beware the adult will probably eat more than the kids that are there. Plus young kids seem to like food they can pick up with their hands and not have to have plates

Main meal depends on how many are going and whether it is a buffet main meal or a sit down main meal. But I always find that different types of meat with your standard chips/wedges usually goes down quite well with maybe some sort of rice or pasta. You could also try something like a cassorle (sorry if you are a veggie - I'm no good at veggie meals).

Don't forget that some people might not want cake if there are alot of people so some sort of fruit salad or non sweet desert might be a good idea.

hi , this is a rice krispie favourite from when i was a lot younger . My kids had it at all their parties and adults and kids alike all love it ..It includes Marshmallow:)

4 oz butter
4 oz dairy toffees
4 oz marshmallows
6 oz rice krispies

just melt toffee, butter and marshmallow in a pan till all combined and blended and add to rice krispies . press into tin and cut into squares when cold or put into individual cake cases.

I haven't tried it but you could cut up some marshmallows very small and mix in with the krispies at the end.

Most reactions

Back