Bubbler and hardscape acquired B)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Quin

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I brought home some wood and two stones from this LFS I found! I'm going to pour boiling water over the wood and then hold it down with the rock, but rinse the rocks first. I also brought home a small sponge filter so Hank could have bubbles and I can stop worrying about him sleeping against his suctioned filter.

Wish me luck setting the hardscape up, and if you have any tips I'd love to hear! Someone told me that I should soak the sponge filter for an hour so I'm gonna dig into that to see.

Great news!

As far as advice...

Be patient is the #1 key to success. Many people (I've seen it here on TFF) will just give up or throw away a piece of wood just because it wasn't working out. Watch some YouTube videos, surf the web for cool ideas, etc.

You should already have an idea of what you want it to look like. Are you going to have sand as a substrate?

Great news!

As far as advice...

Be patient is the #1 key to success. Many people (I've seen it here on TFF) will just give up or throw away a piece of wood just because it wasn't working out. Watch some YouTube videos, surf the web for cool ideas, etc.

You should already have an idea of what you want it to look like. Are you going to have sand as a substrate?
None of my stores within reasonable driving distance were stocked with suitable sand so I brought home some pure back aquarium gravel. I'm okay with gravel personally so I think this will work with my aquarium, especially since I planned on dark substrate initially

You can use play sand. Its really cheap and its safe.

Black gravel does look good though. :good:

Black gravel will look great! Cant wait to see how it turns out

Black gravel sound good, will make Hank's colors stand out. :fish:
Darker substrate does tend to make your fish's colors pop. I personally don't like using it, because its hard to see the poop and other debris that i need to clean up. :)

Darker substrate does tend to make your fish's colors pop. I personally don't like using it, because its hard to see the poop and other debris that i need to clean up. :)
That's true, and I probably would have gone with something more gray if it was available. Nonetheless hopefully it looks awesome lol

I'm sure it will. Keep us posted with updates and photos! :good:

Well would you look at that. He loves it, and half an hour later he hasn't stopped exploring. So worth it

Time for a hard earned food break before I finish setting up the sponge filter

@JuiceBox52 @PheonixKingZ because you've shown a lot of interest
20200527_113200.jpg

Looks great! That really turned out well. Hank looks so happy! :)

He certainly is! The sponge filter is much too strong so I think I'll be returning it and sticking with my first filter, but it was fun in potential!
Get and airline splitter. You can adjust the bubble rate :)

Yes, the valve should also be able to control the flow of the air. Did you get a valve with the air pump?

I did get a valve! I just found it but now I'm not really sure how to apply it. I'm looking it up but I haven't found anything conclusive yet :(

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back