Bubble Rock Maker Thing

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

shimanocono

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I was just in looking through my old aquarium stuff and decided to see if my old little bubble maker things still worked. There little stone thing hooked up to a pump that gives off bubbles! Are these usefull in tanks? What do they do for the tank? Do they go ontop or under the gravel?

Is it a light blue colour?

If so it sounds like an air stone, which when connected to an air pump, provides some extra aeration (sp) into the water.

They are IMO always useful except for certain fish that prefer slower moving water, but depending n the size of the air pump aren't that powerful anyway.

airstones.......they go under the gravel......they disturb the surface of the water makin it easier for air to get into the water......some ppl say it breaks a film that covers the water surface...others say the bubbles pop n create a larger surface area.......but at the end of the day they let air get into the water better

Tek :fish:

i belive they airate the water and this is good for the fish and the plants as it provides them with more oxigen and co2 by increasing the surface aria

They create agitation of the water surface which allows more oxygen to enter the water than would enter otherwise. They also add currents in the water. Depends on which fish you have whether or not they will enjoy the extra currents.
They are actually bad for planted tanks. They do not help add CO2. They do exactly the opposite. At the surface where the water is agitated Oxygen enters and CO2 leaves the water, and it leaves quickly.
Many aquarists with planted tanks do their utmost to keep the water surface undisturbed so as to reduce the loss of CO2.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back