Bubble Eye Goldfish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Snailguy101

Moved On
Reaction score
Well I have a bubble eyed goldfish a new one...And yesterday when I got him he was pretty active and now today he seems to be sitting at the bottom of the tank resting not very active but my fantail is really active...I don't get it or is it like bubble eyes to not be active? Thanks in advance.

Need abit more info on size of tank, plus water stats in ammonia,nitrite,nitrate,and ph, always have to rule water quality out first, is the tummy bloated.

29 gallon 72,73 Degrees Ammonia-0 nitrate-20 nitrite-0 PH-7.2 Hmm his stomach is kind of plump and round or can he just be getting used to the tank?

Water stats are good, maybe stress to the move, could be constipation as they don't give them a good diet at the lfs, tryed some shelled peas and daphnia, and watch for when the fish goes to the toilet.

He doe's go to the bathroom it's not white or stringy and it was probable the diet I got it from wal mart and the other goldfish I got that same day has a missing eye but will he be fine?

Poor little thing, yes get him going on a better diet, like bloodworms,daphnia,and brimestrimp, and some veg, good luck.

sounds stressed to me.Feed him the daphnia and mabe turn the light out to give him time to adjust.make dure there is no sharp objects in the tank which he could hurt his eyes on.The other should be fine ive had alot of one eyed fish and theyve never been affected by it!

Oh and by the way I have baby platies in there will they eat them cause I wan't them to eat them don't have enough room anymore

germanshepherdlver said:
sounds stressed to me.Feed him the daphnia and mabe turn the light out to give him time to adjust.make dure there is no sharp objects in the tank which he could hurt his eyes on.The other should be fine ive had alot of one eyed fish and theyve never been affected by it!
[snapback]862226[/snapback]​
There is no sharp objects nothing in the tank actully just the tank and the filters and stuff and the fish of course and BTW does it need to be quiet in the room and com pletly dark?

Just a quick note, I wouldn't keep platys in with goldfish of any kind. Goldfish are coldwater fish and platys are tropical. If you go with the temperature for the platys, you are risking the health of your goldfish and vice versa.

If the missing eye socket looks ok, then its probably healed. Be careful to not put sharp objects in with a bubble eye, I have always heard/read that if the eye bursts it can kill them.

I had three female platys in with my two fancy goldfish and they thrived longest i had them, they might eat them if they are small, but not when they get to be quite big.

I think Platys are an exception, because for years my friends' have had a few in their very poorly maintained Goldfish tank. The house temp was always pretty constant all year-round, so I think thats why they were okay, but Platies are tough fish, I haven't even killed one! (Sorry I had to say that)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back