*&%# Bubble Counter

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

chameleongeekgrl

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I got my co2 going great until I can here a gurgling noise coming from the bubble counter. Sure enough it's got a crack in it. When they sent it to me it said to pop off the top, tried to pop it off and it cracked not a bad one at the time but now it's caudsing some problems. (CO2 running out to fast) I sealed it up left it to dry for about 3 days and when i hooked it back up the co2 found it's way through the sealant and started leaking again. Is there something better to use than silocone sealant?

Also I have my co2 hooked to a side canister diffuser and a PH controller, is the bubble counter really necescary where I have the PH shutting down the co2 when it gets to high? This is the 3rd time that damn bubble counter has fallen, leaked, or just not dione it's job so I'd really rather just get rid of it if it's not neccassary (SP)

Also just to chuck this in here, any one have madagascar lace plants? I got one for a thumping good deal at the LFS, I figure if it dies it's not alot of money gone but i'd like to try to get it to survive.

Thanks

Judith

you really don't need a bubble counter , and i wouldn't try mending a bubble counter its just not worth it, bubble counter doesn't cost that much anyway. secondly the bubble counter is not necessary it just a device that shows how much bubble your releasing per minute,

Bubble counter is really a measure that you can set your own CO2 by. Its specific to your setup basically as the CO2 bubble sizes will vary from each setup. You just use it with a drop checker and increase or decrease the amount of bubbles accordingly. It provides a way of accurately increasing or decreasing flow.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back