BSD Cool Color Flakes

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Back in the fold

That One Guy
Reaction score
I have been using Brine Shrimp Direct's Cool Color flake food for three months now and I like it. The number one reason is price. $13.95 for a full pound container ! You can't beat that price with a stick. What differentiates this flake food from others is the manufacturing method. This is dried rather than baked to a crisp thus preserving nutrients. BSD recommends using this all within 6 months and I probably got too big a thing of it , but what the hey , I'll feed them really good and use it up ! The first thing you notice when you open it up is the smell. This stuff is strong and really smells like good fish food. They have other varieties and formulations and next time I think I'll try the organic earthworm kind. My fish go wild for this and scavenge out every morsel eagerly. No free shipping with Brine Shrimp Direct but that is nominal. My last order came to $33.35 for this pound container and 1.75 ounces of Premium Grade Artemis cysts. Can't complain. If you are looking for anything brine shrimp related they have it all. BSD is a small hobbyist owned and run operation so they take this stuff seriously. Give them a try.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    330.6 KB · Views: 80
I have been using Brine Shrimp Direct's Cool Color flake food for three months now and I like it. The number one reason is price. $13.95 for a full pound container ! You can't beat that price with a stick. What differentiates this flake food from others is the manufacturing method. This is dried rather than baked to a crisp thus preserving nutrients. BSD recommends using this all within 6 months and I probably got too big a thing of it , but what the hey , I'll feed them really good and use it up ! The first thing you notice when you open it up is the smell. This stuff is strong and really smells like good fish food. They have other varieties and formulations and next time I think I'll try the organic earthworm kind. My fish go wild for this and scavenge out every morsel eagerly. No free shipping with Brine Shrimp Direct but that is nominal. My last order came to $33.35 for this pound container and 1.75 ounces of Premium Grade Artemis cysts. Can't complain. If you are looking for anything brine shrimp related they have it all. BSD is a small hobbyist owned and run operation so they take this stuff seriously. Give them a try.
do you have a photo of individual flakes? it says only for big fish but i would like to try with my small fish

Can you link where you get it from?

I used their stuff for a long time, til the difficulties with cross border shipping made me give up. It's good, like a lot of fish foods, and the prices are fair. My fish wouldn't touch the earthworm flake though. I don't get why, but it was a no go.

If I were in the US, I would use them for brine shrimp cysts and tack on foods while I was at it. They used to have excellent micro-foods for fry - copepod powders, krill fines - all still part of my tiny fry feeding arsenal.

For colour food, I look for astaxanthin. For flakes, no matter what the brand, I look for fiber.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back