Brycons And Parrots

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

CFC

Leader of the Fishes
Reaction score
I recently shunted all the brackish fish out of the front room tank and into fish house so i could have a bit more colour on display and not have the huge algea problems that come with brackish water, you can see the back is still covered in algea which i am slowly removing a bit at each water change.

Anyway this is what it looks like now

parrots_and_brycons_009.JPG

as usual my camera skills suck :lol:

This guy didn't mind posing for a picture, colours are coming on nicely now

parrots_and_brycons_015.JPG

this could be the same one again, they wouldn't keep still

parrots_and_brycons_023.JPG

definately a different one this time

parrots_and_brycons_024.JPG

nearly managed to get all 5 in the shot, one swam out on the left and i was too quick for the one on the right :lol:

parrots_and_brycons_025.JPG

and a terrible shot of the Brycons, but not half as terrible as the 80 odd i just binned

parrots_and_brycons_021.JPG

i just realised that poxy Leporinus managed to get in every shot :lol:

thoses "TRUES" are beautiful, not being rude but how much doe they set you back?

i think i paid £25 each for them when they were about 2" long

lovely tank there CFC, beautiful fish, there is still a good size Brycon in wildwoods you know ;)

Very nice CFC. I have a soft spot for Brycons. :)

Also, those parrots have grown a lot since you first got them! The colors are finally starting to show.

have the same type of Leporinus and had no idea that they were a brackish fish, mine is currently in a freshwater 75 gal, will he comfortable in the freshwater?

Why is it that you take time out of your everyday life to show pics of fantastic fish that i DONT have? GRRRRR. The nerve of people.

* Nice Pics*

have the same type of Leporinus and had no idea that they were a brackish fish, mine is currently in a freshwater 75 gal, will he comfortable in the freshwater?

It is a freshwater tank, it used to be brackish but i moved all the brackish fish and water out so i could make it freshwater again.

Is it a Brycon hilarii Kewskills? I was down there a couple of weeks ago and they only had that big silver one with the black stripe and the dorado which i think might be a Brycon whitei. If they have more hilarii i'll be down like a shot but i want to try and keep a same species group.

Those parrots have come along miles since I last saw them!

Very nice and good to see you have some sexy fish on display now :p

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back