Brown Spots

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Rocknrobyn

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
What is going on with my plants. They are all turning brown. I just changed my light to a better light with the right wattage and I have 4 platys loaches tetra and a cory in a 21 gallons tank... I posted sum pictures..

What is going on with my plants. They are all turning brown. I just changed my light to a better light with the right wattage and I have 4 platys loaches tetra and a cory in a 21 gallons tank... I posted sum pictures..

I am trying to post pic but I don't know how

Click on this icon above where you type:
picture.png
, & type/paste the web address for the pic into the wee box that pops up. You can also click Browse, beneath your message editor where it says "attachments", but I'm not sure if there are limits to the size of file you upload.

At first glance I'd say that the better light has increased the plant's metabolism and thus it's need for CO2 and/or nutrients. But we'd need more info for a proper idea.

Tank size
What type of light? (t8, t5, metal halide?). And how many watts?
I'm guessing you dont supply the plants with any CO2 or nutrients?
Filter flow rate (litres per hour or gallons per hour)?
What is your maitenance regime?

James' algae guide
Plant Deficiencies

At first glance I'd say that the better light has increased the plant's metabolism and thus it's need for CO2 and/or nutrients. But we'd need more info for a proper idea.

Tank size
What type of light? (t8, t5, metal halide?). And how many watts?
I'm guessing you dont supply the plants with any CO2 or nutrients?
Filter flow rate (litres per hour or gallons per hour)?
What is your maitenance regime?

I do put flourish tabs in the tank and my tank size is 21 gallons and I don't know how to tell what my filter flow rate. (Im a newbie)
My lighting is a t5 and I have 28 watts going. I just bought this about 2 weeks ago...

Most reactions

trending

Back