Bronze Corys Got Horns?!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Sammy1911

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Ive noticed that one of my three corys has separated itself from the other two and appears to have developed what i can only describe as horns... they're on indentical places either side of its head above the eyes but further back where the dorsal starts like little humps think baby reindeer and its stumps before they turn into antlers lol ... i have googled but cant find anything like it - does anyone have any ideas?

Ive noticed that one of my three corys has separated itself from the other two and appears to have developed what i can only describe as horns... they're on indentical places either side of its head above the eyes but further back where the dorsal starts like little humps think baby reindeer and its stumps before they turn into antlers lol ... i have googled but cant find anything like it - does anyone have any ideas?

Pics? XD

Sounds very odd
blink.png

Hes currently swimming up and down at the rear of the tank so the pics are blurry. once he settles in a good spot i will get one and post.... fingers crossed! A mutation - i hadnt thought of that...!

Heres the pics... took longer than i thought! ...

cory.jpg

On this pic you call see they are raised on both sides... the gymno's kept trying to get in the photos I had to laugh but they did make it difficult to get decent shots!!!
cory1.jpg

What do you think then? Mutation or disease!?

Odd looking...not sure....hope someone will be along soon to advise...they seem ill at all?

Odd looking...not sure....hope someone will be along soon to advise...they seem ill at all?

its just the one that has these humps but no none of the fish are acting differently. it is very odd isnt it, fingers crossed i get someone whose seen this before....

Have the "horns" been growing? Have they developed rapidly?

I hate to be the one to suggest it but it might pay to look up Lymphocystis, Glugea and or Hennaguya. These seem to be the main causes of unknown lumps on fish.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back