Bronze cories spawned!!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I just went in and found ths. Lost one yesterday too. Not sure what’s going on at this late stage. He was fine at noon feeding. Going to do a large water change.
Oh no!
Yes, large water change definitely in order. Please keep us updated! Hope you don't lose anymore :-(

This is what I have been saying. In my experience I have had trouble with cory's when I have fed them brine shrimp as fry.

This is what I have been saying. In my experience I have had trouble with cory's when I have fed them brine shrimp as fry.

It could be any number of things that killed her fry. Why are you blaming baby brine in particular?

It could be any number of things that killed her fry. Why are you blaming baby brine in particular?
In my experience I have had problems with corys when I fed them brine shrimp. It doesn't matter if you sell them to the LFS and someone else buys them. But if you are keeping them for breeding etc. I found that the fish died prematurely. I am just sending out a warning from my experience, and everyone has different experiences.

In my experience I have had problems with corys when I fed them brine shrimp. It doesn't matter if you sell them to the LFS and someone else buys them. But if you are keeping them for breeding etc. I found that the fish died prematurely. I am just sending out a warning from my experience, and everyone has different experiences.

I'm just tired of it to be honest. You did this on my last thread about cory fry, came on and just picked apart everything we did. And not in a helpful way, but in a negative, trying to tear us down way.

I don't appreciate it to be honest. I'd honestly prefer if you just avoided my threads from now on. You can always make your own thread to relate your tales of only using egg yolk and never touching the eggs if "sending out warnings" is your concern.

I can't stop you of course, you can comment where you want. I'm just asking you, person to person, to please stop nitpicking and being negative on this thread. You've made it abundantly clear you don't like our methods, but you don't provide any evidence to back up your own methods either, but expect us to bow down to your ways.

Like this;
Just because a fish has a deformity doesn't mean it is genetical. It could be from the egg being moved or damaged in someway. We don't tend to to cull out humans that are born with deformities, so we shouldn't with fish. I had a tank that I would put those guys so that they could live out their natural lives.
I'd already said I wasn't going to euthanise him no matter what, so why chip this in? Just seems like you wanted to take another pop at me, and it's so un-needed.

I just went in and found ths. Lost one yesterday too. Not sure what’s going on at this late stage. He was fine at noon feeding. Going to do a large water change.

@Deanasue have you added "fresh" sand to the fry tank from the parent tank recently? Wondering if they need more of the bacteria that's present in the sand that reduces mortality rates that @CassCats talked about.

Two weeks old today;
DSCF6954.JPG
DSCF6955.JPG
DSCF6957.JPG
DSCF6959.JPG
DSCF6961.JPG
DSCF6981.JPG
DSCF6983.JPG
DSCF6994.JPG
DSCF7022.JPG

@Back in the fold , you asked for photos :)

No, I just added new sand to the tank.

As in, brand new, unused sand?

I think it needs to be sand from the parent/established tank, since that will have grown the kind of helpful bacteria that apparently reduces cory fry mortality rates.

I’m thinking there is a bad bacteria in there so I cleaned out most of the existing sand and put in brand new sand. I did sprinkle a little of parents sand around on top (just a handful) but this appears to be a bacterial issue. Nothing on the body so something internal. I have been using patents sand prior.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back