What's new

Bristlenose Pleco Wound

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

CAK

Reaction score
Newly acquired bristlenose pleco has some sort of wound I'm trying to identify in order to treat. Started off as a small white spot and has progressed to this in about three days time. 20 gallon tall and lives with a Dwarf Gourami and 5 neons. Water parameters are perfect, all other fish appear healthy. I've treated with API general which had no effect. Any ideas on what this might be would be appreciated!

image0.jpeg
image0.jpeg
IMG_1730.jpg

I would say it’s a flesh wound. Not sure how he did it. Since pleco’s can’t handle salt well, I would do a big water change and then treat with Furan-2 Since it’s growing. The Furan-2 fights bacterial infections. If it reddens or begins to look infected then I would add Kanaplex to the treatment plan along with the Furan-2.

I would say it’s a flesh wound. Not sure how he did it. Since pleco’s can’t handle salt well, I would do a big water change and then treat with Furan-2 Since it’s growing. The Furan-2 fights bacterial infections. If it reddens or begins to look infected then I would add Kanaplex to the treatment plan along with the Furan-2.

I have Seachem stress guard on hand. Would that be an OK alternative to Furan-2 and or Kanaplex?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back