Bristlenose pleco acting weird

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

How long did it take to cycle? All of the other fish are fine?

Will you please upload a video of the Pleco’s behavior? (You have to upload it via YouTube, then post the link here.

Do you add aquarium salt to your tank at all..??
Adding a little bit in from time to time helps with gill function and helping with electrolytes and disease recovery..

How long did it take to cycle? All of the other fish are fine?
Took a little over a month to cycle all the other fish are fine. Ill try and post one after work if hes still alive. But he would swim around go behind the tank be on his back. His gills would puff out and he would breath normal then a lot

Adding a little bit in from time to time helps with gill function and helping with electrolytes and disease recovery..
I have not added any salt but i do have some

I wouldn’t add any medication or salt, before we know what the issue actually is.

—-

When was the last time you did a water change?

I wouldn’t add any medication or salt, before we know what the issue actually is.

—-

When was the last time you did a water change?
This past weekend i also have this type of filter i dont think it matters but helps oxygenated the water along with a bubbler

Attachments

• 20210505_074138.jpg
    20210505_074138.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 20210505_074138.jpg
    20210505_074138.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 34
Oxygenation shouldn’t be the issue here. A video will definitely help...

Oxygenation shouldn’t be the issue here. A video will definitely help...
So i put him in a tub before i went to work. I just got home and surprised to see he isnt dead but he is upright idk what next step to take as i dont have a quarantine tank. Maybe a water change in my big tank??

Attachments

• 20210505_153640.jpg
    20210505_153640.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 36

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back