Bristlenose pleco acting weird

Buccs1887!

Reaction score
Hello everyone ive just noticed my bristlenose pleco is acting weird he is currently pointed down with his nose in the gravel not suctioned to anything. Im not sure if this is normal or not. All my water parameters are perfect hes in a 75 gallon tank temperature is 79 degrees. Any and all advice greatly appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

• 20210504_181659.jpg
    20210504_181659.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 954
Mine occasionally rests like that. Keep an eye on him and let us know if he continuously does this.

Mine occasionally rests like that. Keep an eye on him and let us know if he continuously does this.
Found him on his back this morning barley breathing. Checked my water parameters again just now. Ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 5.0. Doesnt look good. I dont get it. I also lost a algae eater randomly about a month ago with good water parameters

Found him on his back this morning barley breathing. Checked my water parameters again just now. Ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 5.0. Doesnt look good. I dont get it. I also lost a algae eater randomly about a month ago with good water parameters
Have you recently added anything to the tank? Have you used any chemicals in the room that the tank is in?

—-

My Pleco will occasionally rest on his back, like you described yours doing. I always think he’s dead, but he’s just resting. This might be the case with yours.

Will you please upload another photo of him?

Have you recently added anything to the tank? Have you used any chemicals in the room that the tank is in?

—-

My Pleco will occasionally rest on his back, like you described yours doing. I always think he’s dead, but he’s just resting. This might be the case with yours.

Will you please upload another photo of him?
I have not used any chemicals in that room

Attachments

• received_147672824031261.jpeg
    received_147672824031261.jpeg
    268.6 KB · Views: 50
  • received_372852200729008.jpeg
    received_372852200729008.jpeg
    309.2 KB · Views: 49
What kind of test kit do you use?

That kit only tests for ammonia, how did you get your nitrIte and nitrAte readings?
Is the kit expired, by any chance?

I have a feeling your water params may be off....

That kit only tests for ammonia, how did you get your nitrIte and nitrAte readings?
Is the kit expired, by any chance?

I have a feeling your water params may be off....
I have one of those kits for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and ph so i have 4 kits. Kit is only 3 months old got it from my local fish store

Understood...it would have been cheaper to buy the kit, but no big deal.

How long has the tank been set up? How did you cycle it? How long have you had the pleco? What other fish are in the tank?

Understood...it would have been cheaper to buy the kit, but no big deal.

How long has the tank been set up? How did you cycle it? How long have you had the pleco? What other fish are in the tank?
Tanks been set up about 6 months now, pleco ive had for about 5 months. I cycled tank by adding live bacteria. I have 5 tetras, 9 cory catfish, 2 ballon belly rams and a porthole catfish and 1 lavender gourami

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back