Bristlenose Feeding

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

xcharmanderx421

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Besides cucumbers and zuichinis. Can i use a tomato? or fruits? And how long before I remove the uneaten portion?

My BN loves red pepper! boil a little bit to soften and peel off the skin.

She also loves mango and Strawberries.

I tend to leave it in for a day or so anything thats not eaten is taken out.

I have also fed slices of sweet potato (yam). My bro is a health nut and slices it, leaving the skin on, and then steams it. He barely cooks stuff so I have sometimes fed the leftover slices to my bn- they loved it. I took the uneaten part out the next day.

Also try canned green beans- get the no salt added variety and split the beans in 1/2 and remove the seeds. i have found this can also help with conditioning for spawning.

Zucchini/Courgette
Cucumber
Peas (deshelled)
Sweet Potato
Green Beans
Melon/Melon rind

Most fruits degrade really quickly, so don't leave then for any longer than 12hr tops.
Courgette, sweet potato, and the harder veggies are usually good for 24hrs
cucumber around 12 hrs

You don't need to boil red pepper at all- it removes vitamins etc, all my bns eat red/orange/yellow pepper and all they leave is the skin. Give the skin side a good scrub before putting in tank.
You can also leave the skin on courgette but also scrub first.

I find like Twotank that i have to steam yams, sweet potato and butternut squash a little to soften them up otherwise the bns wont really touch them

I have yet to find a veggie they won't eat. LOL Peas, beans, peppers, zucchini...they will devour it.

I also put in some algae wafers as well, just to be sure.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back