Bristle nose catfish questions

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Attenbruh

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a small, 11-10 month old Bristlenose catfish. She only comes out at night to eat her food and Swim around the tank. During the day she just sleeps in her cave. I wanted to know if this is normal for a bristle nose and should I be concerned?

Thank you, I was getting worried. However she is extremely skittish and won't go anywhere whilst I am around.

That takes time. Mine will come out and nudge my hand if I am too slow in feeding. But I have had him for 17 years ;)

I have a small, 11-10 month old Bristlenose catfish. She only comes out at night to eat her food and Swim around the tank. During the day she just sleeps in her cave. I wanted to know if this is normal for a bristle nose and should I be concerned?
yeah perfectly normal for a bristle nose. I have a 3-year-old bristlenose in my 29 gallons and they hang out int the cave during the day

I obviously only have a youngster then, at some 5cm long.
Whilst it does have periods of inactivity, it is usually to be found hoovering up on the 3D background plate, or the various stones and bogwood pieces and even plant leaves.

WHAT! That is so old!
Here he is harassing the others about two years ago
The tank has grown in now so he can be a bit tricky to find when its not feeding time :rofl:
20210920_165054256_iOS.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back