Brineshrimp adult care

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

mark4785

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I have recently learned about the conditions and equipment needed to hatch brineshrimp eggs and have successfully raised some baby brineshrimp. What I’m now unsure of is how to grow them into adults. Am I correct in thinking that the adults will grow well in a body of cold aerated saltwater? Can they tolerate ammonia? What husbandry would be involved in keeping the adults healthy from day to day?

i tried everything to keep mine alive. I can grow them until there a couple of months old & thats it,They just die off.
My plan was to have a constant supply of food for the fish & the Nauplii would feed my fry. However this just didnt work whatever i did.
I had a 5G tank with a air pump, sponge filter & heater,Temp was 25oC constant Changed 50% of the water weekly & feed Spirulina powder every day aswell as cleaning out the poop, Uneaten food & dead bodies.
I gave up after 4 attempts cos the investment of the equipment annoyed me & just was not worth it in the end

Last edited:
i tried everything to keep mine alive. I can grow them until there a couple of months old & thats it,They just die off.
My plan was to have a constant supply of food for the fish & the Nauplii would feed my fry. However this just didnt work whatever i did.
I had a 5G tank with a air pump, sponge filter & heater,Temp was 25oC constant Changed 50% of the water weekly & feed Spirulina powder every day.
I gave up after 4 attempts cos the investment of the equipment annoyed me & just was not worth it in the end
they are small animals after all, they do die. did you keep them in brackish?

Of course they were in Brackish, I doubt they would of grown to a few months in Freshwater, Besides them not growing to full adulthood, They stink the whole place out regardless of how clean the conditions are that they are kept in

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back