🐠 TOTM brendonjw - February Tank of the Month Winner (31 gal & larger)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
We have a winner in Fishforums.net
February 2023 Tank
of the Month Contest
We had 5 awesome tanks entered in this month's TOTM contest featuring tanks sized at 31 gallons and larger but only one could win...
And the winner is.......
:band:
:hooray:
brendonjw
Let's all congratulate them
:drinks:
Here's the winning tank and its description
20230121_191056-jpg.310358

Ok I'll give it a go.
This is my new Juwel 240 ltr tank that has replaced my old 200ltr tall one (this one gives me an extra 40cm in width which is great.)

I have painted the back black and removed the internal filter.

It has been setup for about 2 months now i guess with most things being bought over from the old tank.
The old one only had pea gravel in it so it have moved that over and capped it with sand. Scattered some API root tabs through out it.

The hardscape wood is from a dead tree i cut down in our front lawn for this very reason.

Water changes are 60ltrs every week. Filter gets looked at once every 3-4 months.

It is a low tech setup and i put 20mls of API leaf zone in after the water change.

Lighting is currently the factory unit with Nature and Day LED bulbs in, timing is currently 10 hours a day but i'm still tweaking this as getting a little bit of hair algae.

Planting is Java ferns, Anubius, Amazon Sword, crpyts, ambulia, Aponogeton undulatus, ludwigia, water wysteria, water sprite and some rotala

Stocking is 1 3 spot gourami, 11 venuzialian corys and a heap of male fancy guppies (I have another tank with females in and taking the boys out when they can be identified.) Ramshorn snails.
I want to change out the guppies for a nice school of Harliquin Resboras (maybe 40) in the future.
Feeding is once a day with a mix of flakes and sinking granuals.

Filter is a Aqua One Aquis Series 2 1250 with a spray bar pushing it from left to right.

Its just had a trim so some of the plants are still coming back in.

Last edited:
Congrats to @brendonjw for your TOTM win with your awesome Juwel 240 litre nicely scaped tank. Well deserved win!
Tying for 2nd place is @ChasingFish and @Aiken Drum with your super nice aquascaped tanks. Great job!
Thanks to everyone who participated in this contest.

Right now we are accepting entries in our Fish of the Month contest. For February, we are featuring livebearers onlhy. If you have livebearers, we hope you enter one of them in the contest.
To view the entry thread, CLICK HERE

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back