Breeding WCMM ?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
close up off of wcmm one day old, i can start feeding them once they absorb their yolk sac

Wow. Iā€™ll let you know when my tank is all up and running :) Iā€™ll post pictures in this thread

I've bred WCMMs outdoors. Tried indoors but I had better results outdoors. But maybe that was because it was a more natural environment to them.

I've bred WCMMs outdoors. Tried indoors but I had better results outdoors. But maybe that was because it was a more natural environment to them.
I currently have a filter in my established tank and waiting for my other filter. After this Iā€™ll update this thread with my progress

Iā€™ll be asking for outdoor WCMM advice around Easter time. Donā€™t hold your breath though.

The two main reasons for lighting is growing plants and for viewing the fish if you are keeping your fish in a shed with a window and it's letting in enough daylight the less hours you would need to keep the lights on , I have my lights on between 5 to 10 hours a day

The two main reasons for lighting is growing plants and for viewing the fish if you are keeping your fish in a shed with a window and it's letting in enough daylight the less hours you would need to keep the lights on , I have my lights on between 5 to 10 hours a day
Iā€™ve setup both tanks, tank is still cloudy from sand but Iā€™ll update perhaps tomorrow of my setup

After a very cold night, and the water dropping to 3 degrees celcius. Iā€™ve had 2 fish day last night, the temperature is meant to rise now but days like that are common going into winter in uk. Iā€™m thinking this may have been a better idea start of next year maybe March time. Iā€™ve insulated the tank with carpet so hopefully that makes a difference and hopefully I donā€™t lose anymore

After a very cold night, and the water dropping to 3 degrees celcius. Iā€™ve had 2 fish day last night, the temperature is meant to rise now but days like that are common going into winter in uk. Iā€™m thinking this may have been a better idea start of next year maybe March time. Iā€™ve insulated the tank with carpet so hopefully that makes a difference and hopefully I donā€™t lose anymore
it would be better to start next year the fish need a longer time to adapt to cooler temperatures 3c is too cold, in the winter time it will be best to insulate the tank with polystyrene including the top I also think it would be better if can you use a heater,

it would be better to start next year the fish need a longer time to adapt to cooler temperatures 3c is too cold, in the winter time it will be best to insulate the tank with polystyrene including the top I also think it would be better if can you use a heater,
Yes I think the correct idea would be to return the fish and start next year

Hmm I have some WCMM I've grown from almost fry. How does one sex them? Differences?

it's not a very good picture ,
males are more colourful and anal fin set back more towards the tail dorsal fin slightly larger,
females less colourful and more round and plump in body
IMG_5717.JPG

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back