Breeding Pair Of Axolotl's And Juwel Rekord 60

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

connorsbala

Leader Of The Seahorse's!
Reaction score
I have two axolotl's, one melanoid female and a leustic male for sale, including their tank, a Juwel Rekord 60 with filter, hood etc. The light (standard 15W fluorescent) has just run out, so a new one will be needed (around £10 in any LFS) and the Juwel filter system will need it's filter pads changed at the times specified by Juwel.
They are a lovely pair and i have had them for 3 and a bit years i think now. They are both 10"-12" in length and are very healthy. They have spawned for me regularly (they usually do for me when it gets cold or hot, and then changes quickly and i have found that if you leave the tank uncleaned for a month, they do it then aswell??? must just be them!). This year, they have spawned 4 times for and each time, the eggs have hatched. I however dont have the time to raise the fry, so i usually give them away.
They are healthy eaters and even take food from your hands. They feed well on prawns, mussel, large bloodworm, earthworms, hikari sinking carnivore pellets....anything large and meaty to be honest!
They make a lovely addition to any aquarist's life, watching you as you walk around the room. I will be sad to lose them, but i am finding it hard to find time to spend time with them now due to exams etc and i could do with the money as i am starting to drive now, and i want to concerntrate on my seahorse tank more than anything.

I am in Chigwell, in Essex. For the adult pair, tank and equipment, i was thinking between £80-100. Axoltols this size in stores go for £30 minimum....and for a breeding pair, who knows what they would charge!

I'll be uploading pics soon. I have found a spare lamp so that is working on the tanks at the moment.

UPDATE:
They've layed eggs today! Here's some pics! The quality of the pics arent that good and the tank looks a little messed up due to the eggs being layed.

The pair
Both.jpg

Tank
tank.jpg

Amazon Sword Colony and Tiger Lotus Plant
plants.jpg

Male (he wasnt co-operating today)
male.jpg

Female
female.jpg

Eggs
Eggs-1.jpg

If the eggs hatch I would be interested in some tadpoles but no room for parents at the moment

The eggs are really coming along...they are starting to develop inside

They look so cool, I thought they were pretty rare in the UK though? I remember seeing a bunch of them on sale in a aquarium store in china.

Free bump anyway!

Haha not that I know of...think they're pretty common..maybe not?!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back