Breeding My Discus

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Sure sure, that is what happened to both my pairs, I was just wondering if the PARENTS are likely to take them that far on the third spawn with the distractions of a community tank.

I'm not trying to breed them, they are doing it themselves, I was just wondering if it's normal or if I've been lucky enough to have particularly good parents.

Back in the Love Shack! Ready to get jiggy again!!! 
wub.png
Good luck DTD! Fingers crossed for you!

YAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :yahoo: We're getting started again! It's been quite a break, you really shouldn't do this to us DTD. (Patience is not one of my talents :D)

Paradise3 said:
How are things going now?
smile.png
Lazy lovers!! Just swanning around, eating food and getting fat!!!..........But enough about me! My fish haven't spawned yet, but I am patient! 
CoryFever said:
YAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
yahoo.gif
We're getting started again! It's been quite a break, you really shouldn't do this to us DTD. (Patience is not one of my talents
biggrin.png
)
Sorry. I have been a bit busy at work, and they need a lot of attention. Have a bit of free time now, so hope I can get somewhere.

DevotedToDiscus said:

How are things going now?
smile.png
Lazy lovers!! Just swanning around, eating food and getting fat!!!..........But enough about me! My fish haven't spawned yet, but I am patient!  

Ahaha! :p Hope they do soon!

wow fantastic thread dtd best of luck with this batch hope it finally happens for you :)

Good luck on this spawn, it looks promising. Just in case, I'm prepared to eat my words :)

nortonmad213 said:
wow fantastic thread dtd best of luck with this batch hope it finally happens for you
smile.png
Thanks Tom. I have done everything as I should, so it's kind of up to the fish now.......and a little luck! 
CoryFever said:
Good luck on this spawn, it looks promising. Just in case, I'm prepared to eat my words
smile.png
So longs as the fish don't eat their eggs! I have stopped using the wire guard, as I feel that it annoys the parents too much. Eggs are 12 hours old now, and I just added some meth blue to help prevent fungus. It will be around another 24 hours before I have a good indication as to whether they are fertile. 

DevotedToDiscus, in case you're interested I have a pair in my community tank that is raising a batch of... I was about to write "fry", but now they have reached the point where they're starting to get too big for the other discus to eat.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back