Breeding My Discus

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Ahh... I need some mesh that I can place over a rock for my Nannacara if they are bad with their eggs then :p

Paradise3 said:
Ahh... I need some mesh that I can place over a rock for my Nannacara if they are bad with their eggs then :p
Or a stick with a Barbie hand attached!..........To smack their butts!!!

swimmers_zpsa21f5484.jpg
[/URL]

The wrigglers have started to swim, but not all good news, as a large number of them have deformed spines. I have researched this, and it seems to be quite common in captive breeding. Unfortunately I can't find any definitive answers as to why this happens, so if it is something I have done, I don't know what it is.
confused.gif

If it's common in caprive breeding, I wonder if it's just common, also in nature, and then natural selection takes over...

Zante said:
If it's common in caprive breeding, I wonder if it's just common, also in nature, and then natural selection takes over...
Very likely. 

Seems like Mum and Dad treated themselves to a fry'd breakfast! 
angry.png

I guess they knew that the fry weren't strong. I still have no idea if I did something wrong, or it was just bad luck!??! Put them back into the main tank this morning, to give them a break. I have a new large tank being delivered on Friday, and this will become my main tank. So I have a plan to use my 450l tank as a breeding tank there after. I can partition it into 4 segments, and his should work really well.

I will start a separate thread on the new tank build, and then after that continue here with the conversion of my current main tank to breeding tank. 

Back soon!

Picking this up again! I recently bought a new tank for my Discus, so my old 450l is now redundant. So I am going to turn it into a 3 bay breeding salon. I plan to drill the base out and have over flow pipes, which will double a breeding pipes. Also plumb in a sump filter and auto water changer.

The tank was previously on a wooden cabinet, which wouldn't work for my plan, and also got knackered when my filer leaked and flooded the base. So first job is to build a new stand. Woodwork is not in my repertoire, but fortunately metal work is
smile.png

So I bought some steel, and built a stand at my work.   

All it needs now is a lick of paint. 

IMG_1852_zpsb45eed9f.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_1854_zpse057ad59.jpg
[/URL]

IMG_1858_zps648ab7f9.jpg
[/URL]

That's awesome.... Be great to see pictures step-by-step for the whole set up. "Breeding salon"
laugh.png

rms said:
That's awesome.... Be great to see pictures step-by-step for the whole set up. "Breeding salon" :lol:
Will be sure to post everything. Hope to get started on it on Monday.

I can't believe your patience! I'm only up to the 24th page and still no complete successes! I spent 2 and a half hours to get to there and I can't wait to come back and read the rest!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back