Breeding Male Critiques

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

MisssMarie

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I'm looking at a few possible male bettas as breeders so, I was wondering if you could critique some of the males i like!

Video Betta 1:

Video Betta 2 & 3:

Video Betta 4 & 5:

click for videos

Since I can't tell from the video. Here is something to compare to. This is "perfect" HM male

5f647147.jpg

3 and 4 are winners in my books :) though 2 ans 5 do have nice patterns also

I *love* three, but they're all pretty gorgeous. Sorry, that's not a critique; I just liked looking.

feal sorry for the female in video 1 the water so yellow

betta 5 is nice,
though betta 1 is also nice,
cant really give much of a stud review though i would say if you want them as breeders the ones that are making bubble nests would be the best to go with, if your only looking at breeding then that would be best to think about, i would think about looking at the color also, and again if your going to sell them it would be nice to have a rare breed or color

Yellow water can be caused by tannins. Tannins are very healthy for bettas and contain properties that heal injuries faster. Tannins also occur in the wild and they induce spawning behaviour in Betta Splendens

Yellow water can be caused by tannins. Tannins are very healthy for bettas and contain properties that heal injuries faster. Tannins also occur in the wild and they induce spawning behaviour in Betta Splendens
yes though it also could be dirty?

im not sure though i thought they were from a shop, if they are, i would not think that would be the case, as i didnt see MisssMarie say anything to lead me to think they were already her own or from a shop ~,~ lol i know i assume too much without knowing anything about it,

if thats the case then its another thing, lol i think about crappy pet shops and supermarkets too much miss treating there fish.

there are quite a few shops that I'm aware of in my area, that have tannins in there tank
you must have pretty good shops around were you are,
im not saying all shop are like that, though you have to admit at least 60% of the shops you go to are in for the cash and want to make a quick buck,
hell i saved today 7 bettas from a guy in my town, his tanks were that bad that they were growing, i went around to the shop i go to most of the time (they do add meds to there water) they were so shocked at the sight of the water i gave the the some food, meds an a plant, that i was going to buy for free,

perfect example of that i mean there, most people dont care, but some do, though most of the time when i buy off the likes of the ones that dont care, lol i get what im buying for half the price and tell them to use the cash i gave them to fix there tanks,

It's a breeder so, tannins is my guess. I'm getting pictures soon so I'll post em

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back