Breeding Kribs

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Not a regular krib? :S lol. He looked more yellowish when i first got him but has never has a proper stripe, and yes, when he colours up, the pink blush goes from his cheeks right down his belly! He also has a yellow edge on his top fin, and a blue stripe underneath this (on the fin). I thought he was strangely coloured due to stress, then breeding... but maybe he is gonna stay like this then! :) I wonder what the babies will look like?

The pictures are fantastic, have come out really well, they are beautiful.

I am still a little worried about mine .. They are still guarding the "eggs" in the cave and last night I thought they must be dead or whatever so decided to take mum and dad out for a min while I had a good look.....
I decided if they were still ok I would leave them to it
So lifted the cave, and there seem to be loads of them, really really wiggling, but I thought that they should be free swimming by now has been well over a week .. I took a couple and put them in the breeder trap with some other really small fry .. they seem to be ok
I put mom and dad back in straight away, they spent a quick second looking for them and have gone back to being the perfect parents again, seemed they didnt mind being disturbed ..

I just wish I knew they were gonna be ok , I am getting a little concerned at their apparently slow growth rate
Becks.

Hmmm well I guess is they are still moving then there isn;t a problem.... I mean, maybe mine were wrigglers forlonger but every time I looked, they were sleeping? I dunno :p
I hvae move dad out of the tank cos he was body slamming Mum, and she was flying at him! lol. He is now in my 4ft which has another female in.... Stripe! Stripe is very taken with him and flirting like her life depends on it.... he seems disinterested though! He is quite taken by the big tank though.....I know if these 2 do get it on that it is unlikley that the eggs will survive, with a greedy pleco in the tank, but that is probably for the best or I will be overrun with fry!

New pic taken today!
DSC_01891.jpg

Spot gave me a right scare today! There was a bit of algae growth on the front of the tank so I popped a magnet in and started cleaning. Somehow the magnet fell off so I reached into the tank to get it. And Spot flew at me! She attacked me! Now I know she cannot bite me, but she came at me fast and hard and gave me a helluva fright, my hand shot out of the tank and splashed water everywhere! I wouldn't mind, but I was NOWHERE near her beloved babies! :p At least she is doing well looking after them... I did a water change today too, keeping well away from the babies, and she attacked the gravel vac!

Very Nice pic! She is doing her job. My jewel Cichlids are afriad of me, even with thier babies! How aboutt hat? And jewels are more aggressive than Kribs! What are you feeding the babies?

:)
I am feeding them Liquifry once a day and Hikari First Bites once a day. Though today I put in a little frozen bloodworm for Spot, and i say some of the fry trying to eat it! They were swimming round with it in their mouths! :eek:

I can see the Liquifry in thier tummy's! Its orangish. I fyou fed BBS, theyre tummys would be birght orange/red. Its quite cool to see.

It is funny isn't it! I have been giggling at their expanding bellies. At least i know they are eating! I still can't believe they tried to eat bloodworms already :p

I have been away for 10 days and have been wondering how my babies were doing... I got an automatic fish feeder so they kept getting 2 doses of first bites a day, and they are looking great now! They now have little fins and tails and actually look like baby fish as opposed to tadpoles! :p Cute. i'll get some more pics soo, too tired to move right now :p Mum is still in the tank with them, she is such a good mum. I still have loads of fry, i don't think she has eaten any. Dad is in my 4ft tank with my other female, i thought they had spawned before I went away but things must have gone wrong because they are both out and about and not defending their cave. just as well, cos i have enough kribensis fry for now!

haha TOMORROW! I have to work tomorrow and need to get some sleep :p
I will definitely get more pics tomorrow, but my camera battery has died and needs to be charged.... will charge it when I get round to my water changes tomorrow night, then take pics! they are seriously soooo cute right now!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back