Breeding Kribensis

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

sykogngsta

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have been trying to breed Kribensis and i have both a male and a female in a tank with rock caves. They lay eggs about every 1.5 months and are tannish in color. My Krib pair has laid about 6 batches of eggs so far, but for some reason the female always eats them. Is there anything i can do to be more successful with breeding some Kribensis?

I have been trying to breed Kribensis and i have both a male and a female in a tank with rock caves. They lay eggs about every 1.5 months and are tannish in color. My Krib pair has laid about 6 batches of eggs so far, but for some reason the female always eats them. Is there anything i can do to be more successful with breeding some Kribensis?

Are they the only fish in the tank? I used to find that without other fish in the tank to defend against the parents would sometimes turn on each other or the young....

:good:

KribsKids.jpg

Mine just do their own thing in a Cichlid community tank

if they haven't learnt to take care of them after 6 batches I would get rid of the female and try a new one.

Are they the only fish in the tank? I used to find that without other fish in the tank to defend against the parents would sometimes turn on each other or the young....

Yeah, they are the only fish in the tank right now. What kinds of fish could i add to my tank?

mine currently have a 2 week old brod in my sons community tank which also has 5 serpae tetas, a clown and sultan plec, a hoplo cat, 2platies khuli loach and 2 angels.

Not an ideal set up but it seems to work

Yeah, they are the only fish in the tank right now. What kinds of fish could i add to my tank?

I had success with tetras of various types....and usually an ancistrus bristlenose of some sort. I have also kept them with some synodontis species but they recognised these as the biggest threat straight away so unless they are large would probably take a beating. :crazy:

I have kept about any type of livebearer imaginable( yes, even guppies) with them. Never to much bullying. DONT PUT CORY'S IN THERE, THEY WILL DIE. Umm, tetras work good, as long as they arent to small, as they will be eaten.

They laid eggs again earlier this week, but female has eaten the eggs AGAIN!!! :shout:

Maybe ill just try getting a new pair to see if they spawn or not :p

i have about 10 cory's in with mine and none have died since breeding started (3rd lot now). All I have is 4 danios, 2 kribs, 10 cory's and about 40 fry at the mo. I do have lots of rocks and caves to hide in though with plants and it seems to work well.

i only have them alone in a tank for themselves. I have about 4 caves in the tank also...
I have some plants, but maybe i need more?

They laid some eggs again and the female has been in the cave for about 5 days now, hopefully she will get it this time and will not eat her eegs :p

The male is potrolling outside of the cave now also and is really colorful :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back