Breeding assassin snails

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Yea, sorry I forgot about this. I got a couple of more snails and then around 2 months ago I started seeing some babies. Now, where ever you look there is a bunch of them. Unfortunately, there are no pest snails in the tank anymore, even tho I added lots many times, they all seem to disappear overnight. I talked to my LFS and will give many away because I noticed that some of the older ones died and that there are much less eggs now.

I have two questions regarding the topic
1. What else can I feed the snails other than the pest snails?
2. When do baby assassin snails start reproducing?

All snails are scavengers, they'll eat whatever they can find, including all types of fish foods.

Yea, sorry I forgot about this. I got a couple of more snails and then around 2 months ago I started seeing some babies. Now, where ever you look there is a bunch of them. Unfortunately, there are no pest snails in the tank anymore, even tho I added lots many times, they all seem to disappear overnight. I talked to my LFS and will give many away because I noticed that some of the older ones died and that there are much less eggs now.

I have two questions regarding the topic
1. What else can I feed the snails other than the pest snails?
2. When do baby assassin snails start reproducing?
1. If I see a good deal on frozen cocktail shrimp, I'll buy those for my assassins. They also really like Tetra shrimp wafers for catfish and loaches.

If you have something other than a foam filter, you will want to cover your intake with a sponge. It's not unusual for me to find hundreds of baby assassins in my filter when I clean it.

I have an internal filter, I have seen some pond snails in there but never an assassin. It's a good tip, I will keep and eye out, thanks.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back