Breeding Acf Diary

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

They are growing!!!

The tadpoles in this batch are growing at very different rates - some are still 1/2 the size of their siblings.

Some of the large siblings are developing their back legs :)

Forgive the bits of plant matter in the back ground, I was getting ready to do a water change when I decided to take the photos.

This photo shows the size difference, the center tadpole with its back legs and the small tadpole beside it

IMG099.jpg

6 weeks old!
Various stages of morphing - -
one is nearly a froglet, the others are between morphing back legs and morphing front legs (back legs morph first)

Frogs!

Posted in the For Sale Section. Will be ready for homes in September

IMG_20110727_150108.jpg

IMG_20110727_145909.jpg

IMG_20110727_145847.jpg

IMG_20110727_145803.jpg

IMG_20110727_145744.jpg

IMG_20110727_145728.jpg

I dont know how i missed this thread but thankyou for making it, it was amazing just looking through it all and seeing the changes from tadpole to frog, they are adorable! How are the first group that you bred doing? any upto date photos of some of these babies now? They are just too cute :wub:

Thank you!

The ones from my first batch are now 13 months old and the babies I just raised were technically my "grand babies" - - they were the offspring from my first batch that I had given to my mother in law!

Here is a photo of one of them - - His name is George and he is just like his father! Loves the females!

018-9.jpg

As for his babies, they are now ready for homes and are going to be shipping all over the USA in a week . . . :sad: I'm going to miss the little ones

Aww thankyou for the up to date photo, hes gorgeous. I was just showing my fiance all the photos and he had the same reaction I did, we both said how tempted we would be if you werent on the other side of the pond! They are utterly gorgeous and i wont blame you for missing them one bit. I dont think i would ever be able to part with them, I'd end up over run! :lol: looking forward to seeing more updates in the future ;)

Another update on the latest breeding batch - - have been morphed for approx 3-4 months (each froglet morphs at their own rate)

Also, This will probably be my last batch for a few years. We are cutting back on our stock so that we can (hopefully) begin our own family in the next couple of years.

This batch is especially special for that reason :) Most have already gone to their new homes, most of this batch are leaving October 11th...

When it's cold, hold the one you love....or amplex the nearest female and call it a day
Well, it was chilly last night and I woke up this morning to find 3 pairs of ACF amplexing.
Had low batteries on my camera but managed to get a few pictures and a video, you can hear them calling in the background.

001-14.jpg

002-19.jpg

029-5.jpg

In the video, pair in picture one are the first shown - Phantom and Lola
Then I move on to pair in picture two - Louie and Kirby
The video finishes after looking at pair three - George and Phoenix who had swam up to the plants after their picture was taken, you can see Phoenix's nose poking out of the plants in the back.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back