Breeders

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

lola_goldie

Reaction score
we used to breed mice... and as you could imagine it wasn't very difficult!
we set up a mousery and bred them to sell privately as pets!
it was a great a little hobby, but that was 4 yrs ago, when i only had the twins and not my youngest daughter!
now im way too busy i miss having lots of little mice to play with!
now we just have 2, that belong to my eldest daughter :)
anybody else around who breed's pets... other than fishies?

I personally do not, but my better half breed corn snakes & Tarantulas. She hasn't started with the snakes yet, but she has started on the tarantulas and have "coupled" a few of them. Joy's lil pets . I have to live with these critters the rest of my life :hyper: :lol: . :crazy: She just told me she "Left a lid open again" got to go later

Peace,
DPS :nod:

My other half also plans to breed cornsnakes all she needs to do is find a suitable sized female but i draw the line at spiders and other creepy crawlies,there is no way id let her have things like that in the house :sick: :no:

I wanted to breed mice myself but my dad doesn't like mice so that's how I got into fish. I haven't had luck with the fish breeding either and I have been trying for a year now mollies. What's up with that?

I plan on breeding Basset Hounds ......just waiting till my baby girl is potty trained. :crazy:
We have only had fish & cats as pets.... we started adopting kids, and got 3 at one time and the cats didn't take well to the kids....the cats were older, and only lived a couple more years....but the kids were nerver able to "play" with them... :sly: I think the kitties were jealous, :sly: they were used to being my babies.........anyway

I am looking forward to basset breeding, and having pets my 6 kids can actually "pet"!!

My parents raised Dashounds, for many years, and they gave each of us a female dog, and we learned a lot taking care of them, and we also got the money from the sale of the puppies...I am looking forward to doing the same with my children........

I do have one small problem though.......HUBBY....not an animal lover like me,
he grew up on a farm and they always had to many animals to feed...no pure breds, just muts.

That is how I got the aquarium I have now......I was getting puppy fever,
so he got me an aquarium.........

hey........... :wub: maybe I should tell him I want another baby :wub: .......I wonder if he would come home with a puppy??
:lol: :fun: :lol:

MamaPish said:
and we also got the money from the sale of the puppies...I am looking forward to doing the same with my children........
How much do you hope to get for "your children"????? :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :p :lol: :lol:

CM

LAST YEAR I BOUGHT TWO HAMSTERS AND WE STARTED WITH THAT. WELL LETS JUST SAY I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE HAMSTERS AS I DO FISH, THEY JUST STARTED HAVING BABIES.---NEEDLESS TO SAY THE FINAL TOTAL WAS AROUND 40 BABIES LAST YEAR AND I DISSIDED THAT WAS ENOUGH. I ONLY HAD ONE MALE THAT WAS DOING ALL THE BREEDING- BUSY LITTLE FELLA- BUT HE WAS TAKING ON EVERY FEMALE INCLUDING HIS DAUGHTERS FROM PREVIOUS LITTERS. THEY CAN HAVE UP TO 15 BABIES AT A TIME!!!! :crazy: I SEPERATED THEM AND GAVE AWAY THE BABIES AND NOW I HAVE THREE DIFERENT CAGES AND ONE MALE (THE STUD) AND TWO FEMALES. MUCH EASIER :fun: !!!!

cichlidmaster said:
MamaPish said:
and we also got the money from the sale of the puppies...I am looking forward to doing the same with my children........
How much do you hope to get for "your children"????? :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :p :lol: :lol:

CM
Oh now aren't we quick CM :p :p

It all depends on what kind of day I am having :crazy: :blink: :hyper: :-( ........there have been days that I would have gladly paid someone to take them!! (not really).....hummmm.....yea I would....every Tuesday and Thursday....Mother's Day Out Day's!! :D :D

What else could you ask for in a guy....... :teacher: A fish expert .... :book: ...cichlidmaster :wizard: ....and ^_^ quick witted ^_^ .....I am truly impressed CM :huh:
:p :p

I thought ya'll would like to know my "better half" has add scorpians and millipedes to the list..... :crazy: HOW MUCH CAN I HANDLE!! :-( :*) And I can't forget she has about 30 lire tail mollies up for grabs. I really to love her :wub: but sometimes...... :devil: hehe I think you get the picture.

Peace peeps,
DPS :angel:

I used to breed columbian red tail boa constrictors. they wee great snakes.

one day when I was at work my roommate though they looked hungry and fed the both canal frogs. both snakes died before I got home from mercury poisoning. I sold the remaining babies and have not tried breeding anything since. I do have a pregnant marigold swordtail though. (wasn't trying it just sort of happened)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back