Breeder box takes up too much room in fish tank.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

joker39quacky

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 5 gallon tank, and the problem is is that it is very tall yet not too wide. The breeder box covers up most of the top of the tank, Would that stress the fish out too much?

It sounds like you have very limited surface area so it follows that you only have room for a couple of fish anyway. As such it seems too small to be contemplating breeding and therefore the breeding box is probably out of place.

I agree with raylove, it seems you don't have the space for more fish in the tank. I would avoid breeding under these conditions. Also remember that the "footprint" of the tank is usually more important in stocking than the full number of gallons.

I agree with raylove, it seems you don't have the space for more fish in the tank. I would avoid breeding under these conditions. Also remember that the "footprint" of the tank is usually more important in stocking than the full number of gallons.
Oh, ok. I'll just let the babes get gobbled.

Do you know that you could also use a bucket or some kind of container to put your pregnant female in? It doesn't have to be a specific tank to let the female drop the fry and where those fry can grow in. So, you don't have to use that breeder box. If I'm lacking space, I'll use the methods I've just mentioned.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back