Brazilian Pennywort. Can it be grown well submersed?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Stan510

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Give it a try. Only found two youtube vids of it growing submersed, WITH Co2. I don't use Co2...just some sun and lots of dosing of ferts and micros.
I did cut one stem and the bottom is in water,the top on the tank.
It was newly brought in..in great condition and the rock wool had nice white roots. Anybody got it growing underwater for a length of time?
btw,I dont mind fast growers..no complaints from me about pruning and often. I go over the stargrass almost every week with scissors and it gives me a nice 2+" carpet.

It can be grown submerged, however, if you bought the plant as emersed grown, then expect some die-offs.

Give it a try. Only found two youtube vids of it growing submersed, WITH Co2. I don't use Co2...just some sun and lots of dosing of ferts and micros.
I did cut one stem and the bottom is in water,the top on the tank.
It was newly brought in..in great condition and the rock wool had nice white roots. Anybody got it growing underwater for a length of time?
btw,I dont mind fast growers..no complaints from me about pruning and often. I go over the stargrass almost every week with scissors and it gives me a nice 2+" carpet.
Stan!
Your fishes' pad sounds groovy, shag carpet and that red beaded curtain plant!

lol. Yeah,that Stargrass does look like shag carpeting. It really looks like you could walk on it. Comfy!
Red bead? You mean the Ludwigia? That's another thing I have that looks different. Must be the window light...so-so bright early in the day and then wham-o, intense for 2 or 3 hours of direct sun.

Most reactions

trending

Back