Brazil Sword Another Stem

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

theshadowinc

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Well I think most knows I got my Brazil Sword to Flower, and luckly again in the same season it had another shoot with many more flowers
If you want to view the Original Topic Click HERE from when it first flowered (They might last only a day but I love that saying take a picture it'll last longer)

Brazil Sword Plantlet, with the other stem to show there is 2 (These are different stages)

042.jpg

More Flowers(Second Stem that the Plant released)
043.jpg

Same Day but many hours later
044.jpg

Closeup view
045.jpg

040.jpg

the Little Plantlet, shows 2 seperate stems
041.jpg

And I think the culprits of making the plant very fertile(Think the Snails have something to do with it)
049.jpg

After all these being posted what is it with only 2 more not even fitting the plot line, well I guess they do cause they have to live in this aquarium
smile.gif

052.jpg

054.jpg

What conditions are you keeping this in? ferts? co2?

Very nice indeed!

30ppm for co2 (Greenish Yellowish) using pressurized co2,
I use EI Dosage
500ml DI Water
40g kno3
9g Kh2Po4
9g K2So4 (This isn't a typo) I don't like this stuff that much to be honest

Substrate = Sand(Silica) the sand blasting kind, clay, peat moss and those little white things forget the name
Tank temp = 82oF
55gal tank dosage is 15ml per day with no rest periods
50% waterchange every week and follow normal trace dosages as the EI chart states, dosages happen after a waterchange

To be very honest I never test my water anymore, but I do know that my Nitrate swings from time to time it can be 15ppm after i dose to 40ppm usually by morning its back down to about 5-10ppm
My fish usually tell me if a nitrate spike is happening because there gills move more rapidly. I use T12 lighting and use to be 4 40 watt bulbs before and one burnt out and I never replaced it and ever since I have had better luck with the lower lighting(Even my anubias is shooting off tons of new sprouts) and I also changed the spray bar on it, added one that is the entire length of the tank with many holes to kinda slow the flow down if you know what i mean. (Umm.. spreading out throughout the tank?) The only issues I run into is Algue, I get brown hair stuff once in awhile and I think its because of the nitrate spikes so I have that one figured out but its easy to takecare of just scrape it off and easy sailing till the next time it shows up, but the major algue issue I run into all the time and I gave up on trying to get rid of it is a green kind that looks like java moss in a way... very frustrating stuff

I should maybe post a pic of the vallies in my tank, some of them stand like 3-4 feet high and I ain't kidding and they are still growing....
The snails have moved to the vallies now, so figuring I will see some huge vallies pretty soon, always when the snails move in the tank to a place its 1 of 2 reasons, they found food or what I think is they are fertalizing a plant.... a plant I posted along time ago that I have no clue what it is, maybe a anubias type plant the snails where attached to it when I first got it and now the plant is all bushy and pretty. But I still think the snails have something to do with alot of the plants growing MASSIVE even this brazil sword is actually huge, its sapose to be about half the size of an Amazon sword, but this thing is a massive mother plant

Update= the plant on the second stalk has 2 baby plants starting and the first is stalk the plant is still growing pretty big actually but no roots yet

hope the information helps..

Incase you going to ask there are few things I would change with this setup
2 Canister filters instead of having just 1(Makes maintence easier)
Co2 reactor
and 2 nano Koralia's instead of one big Koralia
Less Lighting 120 seems to work better than having higher

Most reactions

trending

Back