Brand New To This Page

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

corylover1982

Reaction score
Hello everyone i hope i can get some hlpful insight i want to add some new tank mates but first ill give you with what i am working with: 29 gallon (high) cycled freshwater tank with following filtration

top fin 30 
micro whisper (5.5g)

and the following fish:

2 emerald cories
1 dalmation lyretail molly (female)
1 swordtail(male)
1 african dwarf frog
 and i wanted to add the following fish:

2 more emerald cories
3 guppies (1 male 2 female)
1 sunburst platy (female)
1 sunset platy (male)

( i know i have should have the 2-1 ratio with the platies as well but i do have one female molly)

and i will be replacing my whisper filter with the following
marineland penguin 100B power filter

also i currently have no live plants in the tank and was thinking of adding some crypts and java ferns and to the question..is this too many fish? and if not am i adding too many fish at one time?

Swordtails & platys can Interbreed, mollies & guppies can also interbreed though rarer.
You could have some swordtail females rather than the platys, though as with all livebearers be prepared for lots of fry every 30 days or so.
Corys really should be kept in groups of 6+, Emerald corys in Lfs are usually Brochis Splendens a sub species & are a bit bigger than corys, what are the dimensions of the tank?

dimensions:30.187"L x 12.5"W x 18.75"H 

i am prob going to give away the african dwarf frog 

sorry i am making things difficult by not using the metric system 

It's ok, I still use inches :)
I'd go for 5 emeralds as the footprint isn't really enough for 6, the other stocking I suggested should be fine

and can i add this all at once? i heard you should only add 3-4 fish a week tops..same with plants

and correction on my cories im pretty sure now that they are bronze cories (shorter dorsal fin 13 dorsal rays: emerald 7 dorsal rays : bronze) my apologies

I wouldn't add them all at once, add the corys then give the filter time to catch up for a week or so then add the swords

You can add more at once, it just depends on the fish's bioload (Waste produced)
If your filter is able to process the extra amount of waste you should be fine, but otherwise it would be a good idea
to add less at a time :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back