Brachyplatystoma Filamentosum

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Just curious as to why this thread was moved to predatory fish??

Granted....this catfish is predatory, but it is first and foremost a "Catfish"!!!!!

Just curious.

Larry

Id say becuase its a catfish, and as with near all catfish with straight shot mouths and forward slung barbles they are hunters, using them to seek food...and as CFC has said, it eats fish in the wild, hence a predator

it eats fish in the wild, hence a predator

While this may be............there are many fish that will eat smaller fish in the wild, but they aren't placed in this forum!!

Let's take cichlids for instance!!!

Again, not looking to start an argument, just curious as to what the decision was based on. I posted several pics of my large cats in the catfish forum, but only this one was moved here.

Larry

I'm pretty sure that if a fish can eat small children when adult size, it gains the right to be in this forum.

Amazing filamentosum cichlidmaster. :good: :good:

Can you identify what mine are"

pictures%20015.jpg

newpics%20003.jpg

:sly: :sly:

mkman,

First,

good to see you here!!

Second,

They look familiar, but can't place them!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

How are the four new ones doing??

HAHAH, Nice to be here. I didn't even about this place, was searching for more info on filamentosum and then this site came on the search and voila I'm here. Site looks great!

4 new ones are doing well, I will post some more pics for you and others to see. Even a video clip too!

I'm thinking about getting a gulper, flavican, juruense, and tig sometime.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back