Boyu LH810 Aquarium Filtering system

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Tez_20

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I've seen 2 different set ups on the filter system for the Boyu LH810 filtering system and found how i did a lot better, as i use Bio rings, Zeolite media and Carbon media besides Filter wool and bio balls.

First section Bio rings netted

1.jpg

Ist container holding Carbon sponge, plastic lid underneath with Cotton wool media and at the base netted Zeolite and Carbon media mixed in a mesh bag and also the same in the 2nd section near to pump with Bio balls lined on either side of the netted media.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited:
If you want the filter to be a biological filter, you should remove the zeolite because it removes ammonia from the water and prevents the beneficial filter bacteria from developing.

If you want the filter to be a biological filter, you should remove the zeolite because it removes ammonia from the water and prevents the beneficial filter bacteria from developing.
Colin i've always used these since i started my first tank and i've never had no problems once the cycles have finished and my readings are always good plus Zeolite helps remove ammonia as you know :)

looks like one big filter or are the pictures misleading? I took out the carbon based filter in my hang on the back filter and replaced it with more sponge, Works nice and cheaper than all those expensive carbon filters.

looks like one big filter or are the pictures misleading? I took out the carbon based filter in my hang on the back filter and replaced it with more sponge, Works nice and cheaper than all those expensive carbon filters.
I actually measured across the filtering system just from where it begins to where the bio rings are and it measures 1ft 10" = 56cm long.
Well i keep to that filtering system as it was in my other 2 tanks i had and i buy the cheaper carbon and Fluval Zeolite and i mainly buy it in bulk as it takes a while to use it and i only need to change it once a month plus my submerged filter as two caged filters identical in media.

IMG_20200117_142217_5.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back