Reaction score

Attachments

• Sams_set_up.jpg
    Sams_set_up.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Pluto_set_up.jpg
    Pluto_set_up.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 79
I'm fairly certain that the stripy plant is not aquatic at all. That will soon rot away.

Root tabs and decent lighting should be enough to keep the plants in good health. 1-2 watts per gallon is usually reccomended.

That "stripey plant" is a potted plant...that has a high water need. Ive seen them live in water before...but it wont grow and it will turn a nasty yellow color. And thats only if ur lucky. Sometimes it falls apart and rots, just like Honeythorn said.
If I were you id stick it in a pot and put it on the windowsill...

But otherwise, honeythorn's advice is right on... ^_^

good luck!

ok cool! thats so annoying why sell a plant that will rot! I suppose at least it looks nice for now, it didnt look aquatic to me but then they had loads of them submerged so I thought Id go for it :blush: thanks for the advice!

I find buying plants from shops so frustrating. I've been sold all sorts of non aquatic plants before, they looked great for 3 days and then gave in and rotted away. If I'm buying plants I'll either time it when my local are getting more in stock, so I can be in there to grab the better ones, or buy online. I've had some great plants from ebay, granted, most get ripped apart by my loony cory cats or the barbs and what not downstairs, but they do great if put with fish who don't rip them apart :rolleyes:

Cabomba is a good choice for a betta tank and is definitey an aquatic plant. You can see it in the picture of Duncan in my signature ( the fluffy bogbrush looking plant in the right of the picture ) . It's very easy to grow and does fine under standard stock lighting. You could also go for some surface plants such as a water lettuce or some Riccia.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back