Bottled Spring Water

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

MAX5

Reaction score
would it be worthwhile buying some spring water to do my water changes with - i.e in theory better than tap water?

its probably just glorified tap water i know but does anyone have any comments?

cheers

generaly an expensive way to do things.
also most bottled spring water is lacking in essential base elements that most fish need, you could of course add these like people that use RO water do, but then that adds even more costs to it.

Bottled water isn't any better than dechlorinated tap water. In fact, it can be worse if it doesn't have trace elements, as mentioned above.

There are some very experienced fishkeepers who use RO water, or some type of bottled water, but it is carefully mixed and tested, and usually has elements re-added back into it. It is very impractical as well as expensive.

RO Water would be best. As mentioned above you must add trace elements back to it. "Spring Water" means it comes from a spring and may not be properly filtered. It your willing to spend the extra money it is worth it and is better for your fish.

FWIW, I had a friend who lost hundereds of fish from using tap water. He did water changes to all his tanks in his fish room. Turns out the water department dumped a huge load of chlorine for some reason. It was determined to be safe for human consumption so no one was notified. It wasn't safe for his poor fish as his declorinator couldn't remove that much chlorine.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back