The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

JuiceBox52

Passionate about fish and their care
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
I was given a very half dead Borneo fern (trichomanes javanicum)
Tips for how to rehabilitate it? I know it’s not a full aquatic plant :)

Here is a good link:
It was probably grown submerged until thankfully, you rescued it. As you know, it is not a fully aquatic plant. After so many years of books, internet and forum exchange, I am dismayed how often terrestrial and semi aquatic plants are still sold as aquatic plants. I would use an empty aquarium, with sphagnum/sand substrate, illuminated with indirect sunlight as place to provide the plant with a high humidity home.

if your area is humid and you have a moss bed on your tank, you can grow it ontop of your tank

if your area is humid and you have a moss bed on your tank, you can grow it ontop of your tank
It’s not humid, but I love this idea, do you think frequent misting would be enough?

It’s not humid, but I love this idea, do you think frequent misting would be enough?
hmm maybe you can combine the ideas and put a little box on top of it. the constant moisture from the tank should be enough :).
i live in a super arid region and made the mistake of getting a venus flytrap. I put it in a clear box and it is thriving now:)

hmm maybe you can combine the ideas and put a little box on top of it. the constant moisture from the tank should be enough :).
i live in a super arid region and made the mistake of getting a venus flytrap. I put it in a clear box and it is thriving now:)
I could probably do that. Thanks :)

(I have also never had luck with Venus fly traps)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back