Boo Boo photos

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

FishBearer9845

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
289F6F39-CDD3-49BC-A98B-E393B134BD73.jpeg
Hello
You may have seen that I now have a Betta Iā€™ve named Boo boo (because he is blind in one eye)
This is my thread to add pictures of him
Heā€™s settling in very well and comes to the front of the tank when either my husband or I go near it. Heā€™s also eating very well

1CBF9CB5-7809-4DEE-ACD8-52514BF48178.jpeg

4B31D9DC-9C00-421F-A30F-F8399AACF17C.jpeg

If I can go for the underdog I will. :)

The LFS Iā€™d seen him in, Iā€™d seen various Bettas there over the last few weeks of visiting (a separate hobby in itself Iā€™m sure, visiting aquatic shops for fun) and he was there.

Iā€™d not really paid much attention as the Bettas would be different everytime I went in and Iā€™d take a look but wasnā€™t really in the market for one yet. Then I just noticed him one day. I asked about him and they said theyā€™d had him in quarantine out back because he came in with popeye which although he didnā€™t die from, did affect his vision in that one eye. Theyā€™d had him 6.5 weeks and a few of those weeks were on show, had gone by with all the other Bettas around him selling. Well, I had to have him of course because I too was guilty of not really noticing him around the other flamboyant males. Turns out heā€™s a sweet little character, lots of fun and energy and not phased by us sticking our faces near the tank :blink:

Iā€™d also seen Lisa of KG Tropical on YouTubeā€™s video about her Betta ā€˜Bubblesā€™ who is completely blind with deformed eyes. And she says go for the fish that calls to you, and my Boo Boo really did, once I actually took notice. I couldnā€™t stop thinking about him and it was about a week and a half of setting up a new tank and taking seeded material from my existing tank and putting snails in and checking levels daily that I was happy it had worked and picked him up yesterday.

Heā€™s got a bladder snail in there that I might keep in there; he hasnā€™t been bothered by it but the others are back in the other tank so essentially heā€™s on his own. The tank is a Superfish Cubiq 30L, all to himself. I wonā€™t be putting anything else with him. Itā€™s just his humble abode. Lovely little tank actually, filter stream is perfect as I believe itā€™s actually meant for shrimps. Also got a heater at 26*C. He seems happy thus far.

Last edited:
Heā€™s got a bladder snail in there that I might keep in there, he hasnā€™t been bothered by it but the others are back in the other tank so essentially heā€™s on his own, itā€™s a Superfish cubiq 30L, all to himself. I wonā€™t be putting anything else with him. Itā€™s just his humble abode. Lovely little tank actually, filter stream is perfect as I believe itā€™s actually mean for shrimps. Also got a heater at 26*C. He seems happy thus far.
If it's the tank you entered in TOTM, it's beautiful and a lovely little betta home! He's a lucky boy that you took him home :) His colour is subtle, so easy for a lot of people to overlook next to the really bright bettas, but he's still beautiful, and I love the fancy white pectoral fins, very elegant!

I have a one eyed platy girl, Cyclops (I'm not good with naming) and she manages just as well as the others. Also have a female guppy, Angel, with a very wobbly spine who will live out her life with my colony. Special fish still make great pets :)

Most reactions

trending

Back