Bonsai Trees....what’s the big deal!?

I love driftwood in my tanks. But yea it can be spendy. I saw a huge piece at my lfs this last weekend (looked like a tree stump) and I really loved the shape. The owner saw me eyeing it so he weighed it and told me it was 90 dollars. I was not about to spend 90 dollars on a piece of wood... In hind sight, it would have been a tight squeeze into my tank even though the owner was trying to convince me that it would fit in my newest tank I’m still not sure that it would have. :rofl:

if you really want it, you could offer $50 and see what happens...and you can trim it to fit your tank

View attachment 92945 I have 2 driftwood trees that I’ve done that to. I probably spent about $30/each on them.
Wow! What a great picture. Not normally a fan of bug eyed Goldfish but for that one I'll make an exception. The aquascaping is superb. This just goes to show that it is always NOT just about the fish. That right there is a work of art. You should be very proud. Also, Bonsai people might wonder about the cost and fascination of fish. Guys are into what they're into. Nice cool looking driftwood is expensive everywhere I guess.

Last edited:
The aquascaping is superb.
AquaScaping is more focused on the plants, than the fish. HardScaping on the other hand, is more focused on the fish, and of course the hardscape. ;)

It is a really nice GoldFish @Deanause, what specific type is it? :)

Thanks, guys. It’s a fancy telescope goldfish. He has sired a lot of baby fry but I retired him this year because his eyes have gotten so large and I was afraid of injury. He is very sweet and friendly. His fry were stunning.

So the more they breed, the bigger their eyes get? I’m pretty sure that’s the way with humans to, only humans get bloodshot eyes, and stained sweatpants. d:D

So the more they breed, the bigger their eyes get? I’m pretty sure that’s the way with humans to, only humans get bloodshot eyes, and stained sweatpants. d:D
Goodness. No, they just grow with age. So does his tail. If the tail doesn’t Stop soon he’s going to be like Rapunzel in the fairy tale.

Fairy tail.? (Was the pun intended?) :D

Goodness. No, they just grow with age. So does his tail. If the tail doesn’t Stop soon he’s going to be like Rapunzel in the fairy tale.

Repunzel? you mean Reputa...........Reputa the Buta... (J. Geils)

Last edited:
The J. Geils Band ? Wow, there are some old hippies around here. Actually not hippies. Ain't been no hippies around for fifty years. I was in grade school and junior high during the hippie era. Any Dead Heads around here ?

Most reactions

trending

Back